Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metco Model RP2416-B Flashing red light

Hi all

Ive been given a mobility scooter for the disabled lady I care for but have a problem with the charger for the battery. Ive been informed that the flashing red light I get before plugging it into the battery pack, means theres some kind of fault with the charger pack.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this or is it just better to buy a new battery charger pack?

Metco Model RP-2416-B

Thanks for any information in advance.

Re: Metco Model RP2416-B Flashing red light

get a manual to verify what the light means - it could just mean the battery is faulty or not connected.

also, post lots of foto's of it.

Comment

I've found a manual for it.

sadly it says nothing in there about a flashing red light.

Not really sure what other photos I can post of it apart from this one.

Comment

Do you have a multimeter? Have you checked the voltage on the pins of the plug? looks like it should be 28.8 volts.
        If connected to the scooter what does the light do. Also what condition does DC the cord and plug look like, maybe the cord is shorted within the plug?
        Last edited by R_J; 06-09-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          Do you have a multimeter? Have you checked the voltage on the pins of the plug? looks like it should be 28.8 volts.
          If connected to the scooter what does the light do. Also what condition does DC the cord and plug look like, maybe the cord is shorted within the plug?
          I do have a multimeter. I will check the output at the three pin plug.

It just connects to the battery and doesn't have to be plugged into the scooter when charging.
          The cord is on good condition. I can check the three pin connection as I believe its un-screwable.

Comment

How many flashes?
            Manual has this in it?

Number of Flashes
            Indicated fault and Corrective Action
            • Battery needs recharging or bad connection with batteries.
            Check connections, and recharge batteries.
            • Bad motor connection. Request assistance from dealer
            who will check all connections between controller and motor.
            • Short circuit between motor and battery connection. Contact dealer.
            4 & 5
            • Not used
            • Controller inhibited from operation. Disconnect battery charger and check if
            this resolves the problem. Otherwise contact dealer.
            • Throttle fault. Finger control levers must be in neutral (centred) position
            before key is turned on. Switch scooter off, centre levers, and switch back
            on. If fault persists, contact dealer.
            • Controller fault. Inform dealer who will check connections & controller.
            • Scooter left in freewheel or has a bad parking brake connection.
            Engage drive, and switch scooter of and on. If this fails to cure the problem, check parking brake and ensure it stops the vehicle. Inform dealer who will check brake and motor connections.
            • Excessive voltage detected at controller. Check battery connections.

Comment

Working...
            X