Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OEM versions of motherboards - which section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM versions of motherboards - which section?

I am not sure about this, but I believe that an Asus OEM motherboard (without Compaq screen printing) in a Compaq PC should belong in the section "Abit - Aopen - Asus".
    Or should it belong in "Major Manufacturers Boards"?
    What is your opinion?
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: OEM versions of motherboards - which section?

Looking at the the way this forum is structured concerning motherboards, it looks like "major manufacturers" are the ones that put out computer systems like dell, hp, compaq, gateway, etc as listed under the subject title. The brand specific ones like Asus, MSI, etc seem more geared towards aftermarket brands. I personally think that your "rebranded" Asus motherboard should go under major manufacturers only because many people would not think to look under Asus for a motherboard labeled "Compaq". There's probably a fair number of people out there that think computer manufacturers make their own boards, when in reality they're just rebranded boards with a custom bios and possibly a few more bells and whistles the manufacturer may have requested.

Comment

Re: OEM versions of motherboards - which section?

In that case, I think "Abit...", "ECS...", "MSI..." and "Soyo..." should have a note specifying aftermarket (regular retail) boards, and excludes boards manufactured for an OEM.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X