Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi everyone
    im here for the same reason as everyone else
    i tinker with electronics xbox ps3 laptops pcs etc
    im hoping to fix my brothers lcd tv

Comment

Hi there,
      My name is Sergio Monteiro, I am a physicist by profession, started life as an electronics tech, still do some electronics and much enjoy it. I live in Los Angeles, CA. Found this forum looking for info on fixing a Dell 2000FP.

Comment

Hello im pete looking forward for some good help here

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm not a bot lol...nice test for this

Comment

Hello, trying to post and see if it works

Comment

My name is Jon, but all my friends call me Big Jon. I am a single father with full custody of my little boy who just turned 8. I have been into electronics since I was around 6 tinkering around with old flashlights and taking things apart and putting them back together again. My first computer was a 8088 (the model before the 8086) that was 4 mhz and 6 mhz if you hit the turbo button . I got that computer when I was around 8 and all I had was DOS to mess around with. Now I am a Certified Magento E-Commerce Developer, but am working toward applying to MBA school. I have just started teaching my son electronics and how the components work. Last week we took apart an old printer and salvaged all sorts of great parts including many motors, one which he mounted on one of his lego technics to power it. I am by no means a circuit board repair guy, however I am good at concepts so I can usually figure out things by trouble shooting them. Thanks to this board I successfully fixed a Samsung 52" Plasma that went wild after a flash upgrade. A few years ago I also fixed a 46" projection tv by replacing the convergence chips on it...I didn't really know what I was doing back then, but I figured it out and its still working today. Looking forward to learning and all of the experts advice on here as I am starting to get into circuit boards and repair and am excited about teaching my son a simplified version of how things work.

Comment

Bore da. First posting. I am an aero-mechanical engineer but have been building electronic projects for eons from a Heathkit R/C kit to designing and building a programmable ignition system. I prefer to repair rather than throw away. I have basic equipment: soldering iron, DVM, power supplies, oscilloscopes, HP function generator. I mostly work with digital circuits and use Atmel micro-controllers in my projects. The latest is rewiring my Lotus Europa with a LIN buss and a micro-controller for the lights, sensors and electronic dash. Beyond that I make parts for British motorcycles and build Renaissance/Baroque musical instruments.

Comment

Me too WumpusRX, a friend gave me a Insignia Model #NS-LCD42HD that went out when a storm flickered their lights. Fuse is fine and 2/3 the power board is getting power..read like crazy about 2 months ago about it and couldn't figure it out. Ready to pick back up this project and get her fixed!

Comment

Salute @ all ...

also a new one here in this forum -
                    found it while searching for help with my toshiba 32wlg66.

comin from europe/germany - so be patient with my english pls

happy repairing

Comment

I've been a TV Tech for 40 odd years. Now I repair just for extra income. I was looking for close up pics of a Panasonic PSU Board. I had taken MC201 & MC301 off the board thinking they were the same until I discovered the difference. I searched the net and your forum was the only place I found side views of the daughterboards. I'm not much of a forum user but if I've anything useful to add then I'll post.
                      Regards

Comment

Hi All,

I'm looking to repair an LG 32LN575V. I'm a computer geek by trade, been messing about with computers for as long as I can remember!

Thanks for a great forum.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

hi all,

i spend time mostly with unix machines and in this forum looking for help with my bios locked dell laptop (e6420) ... just realize some other interesting topics over here, gj

regards
                          Jan

Comment

Hi, I am from a small town in North Carolina. I love this site. I have a Toshiba 46g310u lcd tv that as a mainboard problem and hope you can help me with. Thank you:

Comment

Just posting so I can post.

Comment

Well that didn't work. I just want to ask a god damn question.

Comment

Hi, just hoping to get my LG47LK520-ua fixed, thanks!

Comment

I guess I'll post lots of dumb stuff so I can post. Fantastic feature.

Comment

Hi, I don't have an Electronics's Background. But When I was younger I had almost every Radio Shack 200-in-1, 30-in-1, ect. I understand the basics. The Caps, the resistors, the transistors, etc. I am not very good with the logic circuits and I don't know how to properly use an oscilloscope. The reason I am hear is to learn as much as I can about how to do it yourself repairs on Laptops and Pc. I find too many people throw out their PC and Laptop equipment for no good reason. Case in point: A lot of laptops have improper heat dispersion due to using substandard parts to keep cost low. What is results in is BGAs becoming unseated and needing reflow and/or reballing. Most people have no idea that if their Laptop shows a blank screen but boots normally it most likely is the GPU. In my case I thought it was the lid sensor which itself is a fairly complex magnet flux sensor. Right now I am looking over the schematic of my laptop. It is a Gateway NV53U. The mainboard is manufactured by Winstron. I am having trouble decoding the terms used. For instance on the schematic L14 (ie Inductor 14) is listed as SBK160808T-100Y-N-GP or C70 as SC3P50V2CN-1-GP. They are all SMD components and I tried to determine the meaning based on codes but I would like to get other people's opinions on what these codes mean. I hope I introduced myself sufficiently, feel free to ask me any questions regarding my experience. Thank You.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                        This is my first post. I'm hoping to get help on occasional self service projects, as I hate broken things and hate sending things out if I don't have to.

I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, but I get involved in a lot of electrical problems. I own a custom automated machinery firm in Union Grove, Wisconsin. I live in the Madison, WI area.

I found this forum while trying to diagnose a problem with my TV so, I sure hope I get to post soon.

Comment

Hello everyone, I cut my computer teeth on a Commodore-64 back in the early 80's. My first PC was an IBM 8086. I have worked in with electronics since 1992, mostly in the broadcast industry. I spent about 7 years on the road as an Engineer in Charge of a mobile TV truck working all types of remote television events ranging from High School sports to Super Bowls. In June of 2012, I gave up the road life to work as Senior Broadcast Engineer for a large and well known sports entertainment group in North Florida.
                                          My favorite quote is, “forgiveness is often more easily acquired than permission”.

Comment

Working...
                                          X