Samsung SPS4243X/XAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SPS4243X/XAA

Again to the pro's here. This tv after adjusting all the voltages to spec this tv has been working quite well for a few months now. When I got it it had the dreaded red and green snow in the upper and lower left corners. Watching it tonight, there was a point when the movie had all black and I noticed that on the farthest left row of pixels from top to bottom there is sparkling going on and about 1/3 from the left side in the center there is 1 single pixel that is red. By itself depending on the color scheme it just shows as a red dot. A lot of the time its not there but depending on whats on the screen it shows. When I run the black to white scrolling pattern test it shows up in the transition not in the all black and not in the all white? I just dont have the money to spring for a new one and I was over joyed to have fixed it the first time. Thanks in advance all. You all have been great help in the past.

Re: Samsung SPS4243X/XAA

Anybody?????

Comment

If one pixel is on then its caused by the panel, replace the panel or put up with it. As for adjusting the voltage to spec. you may need to adjust it for best picture as the panel ages the voltage may need to be adjusted accordingly.

Comment

Yeah I was afraid thats what it was too. I guess Ill pull the back off and start tweaking it to get it as good as I can and run her till she dies. I got about 8 months use out of it. Bought it used for 150 bucks. I guess I got my moneys worth. Ive heard of people buying brand new ones and getting less than that. lol. Oh well welcome to capitalism at its finest.

Comment

How many hours on it?

--You'll get the odd pixel messing round now and again, the makers specify a certain number is acceptable, and as this is at the side of the picture, at normal viewing distances shouldnt be an issue....

A careful tweak of Yrr and Yfr may help the mal-discharge (sparkles), but only adjust slowly and carefully--Mark the presets before adjustment for reference....

Maybe a slight (5V) lower Vs will help the issue, with these faults, its a case of a little careful tweaking....
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Thanks again for the info fellas. I have been tweakin around with these mentioned voltages to no avail. I still have the same single red pixel that just doesnt want to go away. in all white, or all black situations its fine of course but in any combination it glares at me laughing...lol. I tried actually slowly experimenting with all of the adjustable vr's just a little at a time and monitoring their effects but Im at a loss here. I would like to know where a person could find the last known firmware for this model. I know thats not going to fix this issue, but I would like to have it at the last one issued. Also what do you think about doing a factory reset on this through the service menu? Ive never been in the service menu on either of my plasmas and probably wouldnt know what to do even if I was in there but if any of you can throw out any ideas for me or honest advice,(other than the obvious, throw it in the trash and get a new one) I would really appreciate it.

Comment

Hello all.
              I am wondering on this tv, what would cause the picture to have very distinct pixelation and as a color changes shades, you can see the shade changes almost in pixelated bands. it almost resembles posterization if that makes sense. Like cartoonish effects. any ideas guys?

Comment

Working...
              X