Samsung PD50A450P1D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PD50A450P1D

I really need your expertise on this. Hello fellas, I was given this tv yesterday, and what they told me is that everything was fine on it and one morning they turned it on and it was real dim, and fuzzy, so they gave it to me for nothing. The tv trurns on fine, sound is just fine and the first thing I did was take the back cover off and test all the reference voltages up against the sticker on the chassis and put then all exactly on spec....no change. as I was inspecting all components and conectors for any obvious damage I ran across 1 cap on the x-main that was bulged and leaking and also one on the Y-Sustain board that was bulged with no signs of leakage. I have a 42" Samsung plasma that had sparklies all over and adjusting the voltages resolved it completely so I was taking a gamble by spending the 70 bucks in gas to go get this one. I have plenty of pictures to post with this and I am really hopeing that the tried and true experts here can assist me in this as thry did last time. Thanks in advanced for what you all do. The whites are faded and pinkish. The entire picture is there but quite dim, and it is extremely grainy. These pics are made with HDMI on a 360 at 1080p. Please Help ME.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by electrojas; 02-10-2014, 09:45 AM. Reason: more pics

Re: Samsung PD50A450P1D

X-main fault, common problem with this model. Not too difficult to fix, but you're probably looking at replacing the whole X-main board. Post some pictures of the boards inside the TV.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you for responding so fast. Your a real help. Here are the rest of the pics
      Attached Files

Comment

More Pics As you can plainly see there is at least one cap shot on the x-main and one bulged on the Y-Sustain. I have tested all voltages coming in and going out of the Power supply board and like I said I adjusted all the voltages on the sticker to spec within .1v. There are however some vr,s on the Y-sustain board that I see no documentation,reference voltages or test points to so I didnt mess with those. I pulled all connectors and reseated then, and closely inspected all ribbon cables and they look seated perfectly. there is a green blinking led on the logic board but that just blinks constantly while powered up it doesnt change or have any kind of sequence to it that I could tell, I guess I could sit and watch it closer to make sure.
        Attached Files

Comment

Where is the best place to order the X-Main board, and do you think I should try to replace the popped caps first?

Comment

Working...
          X