Zener diode on TNY276 EN/UV pin unkown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zener diode on TNY276 EN/UV pin unkown

Hello. I am working on a xbox one powersupply (no data or schematics). I accidentally shattered a zener diode to pieces when removing a TNY276. There is no numbers on the pieces. I have looked at the data sheet for the TNY and the is no use of a zener on that pin.

I am guessing it is being used as voltage protection. It goes from the source pins on TNY (ground) to EN/UV pin which goes directly to the collector of the optocoupler.

The datasheet says absolute maximum voltage for this pin is 0.3V to 9V. And underneath that it says EN/UV Pin Voltage is:

min: 1.8v, typ: 2.2v, max: 1.6v.

What voltage should I be counting on it using? The 2.2v typical I guess?

So should I use a 2.2v zener? If I would to use a 2v zener would it affect the output of the TNY since this pin is used to control it? The second question is just for learning more.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Zener diode on TNY276 EN/UV pin unkown

I have another power supply that uses the same TNY276, and it has a zener across the optocoupler. No numbers on it, I connected it to a 12v power supply with a resistor, and got 7.3v from the positive side after the resistor. So is this a 7.3v zener? Would a 6.2v zener do the job?

Comment

Working...
    X