Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Msi h61m e23 b3 bios update 12.3 bin file urgently needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi h61m e23 b3 bios update 12.3 bin file urgently needed.

I was trying to update a friend's mobo to the latest bios so he could installed a better cpu and I messed up a little since it was so late at night and I wasn't thinking clearly.

Short story even shorter, I really need the file that the exe creates on a USB to continue and finish the update otherwise the pc will display a red message for all eternity.

Re: Msi h61m e23 b3 bios update 12.3 bin file urgently needed.

@Grimly - Here you go - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...61073606666458

This exe contains two BIOS, one is ME7 FW update, I assume it flashes this first, then the ME8 final update after that. You should be able to use ME8 directly if you want, but I am not 100% sure.
    You may need to program in ME7 one, then via M-Flash update to the ME8 one. If you try that first and it fails, directly program in the ME8 one

Or, maybe it's possible, that during normal USB Update, it asks you if you want to update to ME8 version or stay on ME7?
    I see several versions on the site mention you can't go back to ME7, so I assume all those have both ME 7 and ME 8 version BIOS inside them. If you have flash programmer, you can always go back to ME7, if you wanted

This is similar to the other thread you posted in, with ME7/ME8 BIOS in post #2, but I am not sure what version those files are - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76619

I extracted these I'm linking from the exe version you mentioned (v12.3 aka 7680vC3 - latest on MSI Site as of 11/20/2020)

Comment

@biosg3tta3 thanks man I'll give that link a try when I get home, I have however tried the ME7 and ME8 yesterday from the previous thread but with no luck, I am probably doing it wrong since I just copied the original file to the drive.

Comment

You're welcome! I assumed you were using flash programmer, like CH341A, to recover a bricked board.

Is the board running? If yes, then you can use M-Flash to flash either ME7 or ME8 one, but you can only flash whichever one matches what ME FW version you have in there now.
        Put BIOS on USB Stick, enter BIOS, go to M-Flash, and then browse to the file. Best if USB is FAT32 and BIOS is in root of USB, not in a folder.

You may need to rename each one to the appropriate name.extension, sometimes M-Flash requires this.
        For >>
        ME7 file >> EME78IMS.ROM
        ME8 File >> E7680IMS.C30

Also, if board is working, and you're currently on ME7, but want to go to ME8, then flash in ME7 one first, then reboot and M-Flash the ME8 one

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 you are a monster thanks man, I am very sure this will help me but I will let you know once I'm by the pc and I've tried these all out. The board still works, it hasn't been bricked yet but it's just stuck on the, bin file not found, message so I really do think this will help.

Comment

You're welcome. Show me the message you are seeing, if you can't get it sorted out.
            Can you enter the BIOS?

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 I can't go anywhere once I turn the pc on, it directs me straight to the message but yeah I'll send a photo as soon as I'm home.

Comment

If you disconnect all HDD/SSD, does it also only go to message? How about Clear CMOS, still right to message? On the message page, can you click anything, like browse to / select file?

Comment

Tried all that hoping it would reset but noooope no golden ticket and the message has nothing to click on, no command keys work nothing.

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 message above

Comment

Show me image. Did you put the files on USB Stick, not in folders, on FAT32 formatted USB?
                      If yes, did you rename them to what I mentioned? I would put two copies of each, one with both having .bin extension, and another having extensions as noted out above in post #4

You have have to get flash programmer, like CH341A or other + SOIC8 / SOP8 Test clip with cable.

Try this way of formatting the USB, shown at beginning (mainly make USB Label MSI before doing above)
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1u9xnSR38

Comment

Here is the image.
                        Attached Files

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 My flash is in fat32 and I am busy trying all the techniques you told me to, I will keep you updated.

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 Nothing I do seems to be picking up by the bios. I'm sure if I could just get the exe to run and create all its files, I could then get this to work.

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 I found images to show you which files I need for the BIOS update.
                              Attached Files

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 OMG I figured it out, you were right about renaming the ME7 and ME8, 7 must be a Rom and 8 must be a C30 file but then you must add another ME8 file and rename it EIVB.bin and it works!!! I just followed the image to come to my conclusion.

Comment

Great to see you got it! I had not extracted the full EXE onto a USB, just grabbed the BIOS files, sorry I didn't think to check that or maybe I would have considered that EIVB.Bin file too!

Comment

@BIOSG3tta3 dude you still helped a ton, I wouldn't have gotten the latest bin files without you so thank you again man for all your help and input. I learned a good deal from this and from the advice you gave. But yeah I'm super stoked about this.

Comment

You're welcome, glad it's all sorted for you!

Comment

Originally posted by BIOSG3tta3 View Post
                                        Great to see you got it! I had not extracted the full EXE onto a USB, just grabbed the BIOS files, sorry I didn't think to check that or maybe I would have considered that EIVB.Bin file too!

Comment

Working...
                                        X