Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-8IHXP

Originally posted by Rainbow
    Use a diode/beep test of a multimeter to check if 12V, 5V and 3.3V is not shorted on the board (disconnect the PSU and check on the ATX connector - the interesting pins are in the corners). If something is shorted, then test the mosfets (instructions are somewhere around, use search). Mosfet can be visually OK but still shorted.
    I'm really starting to like you folks I did found one mosfet behaving differently from all the others:

Datasheet: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/FD/FDB6670AL.pdf

Measuring between Gain, Source and Drain directly shows a shortcut so from my point of view I think this on is the culprit. Do you folks think it's worth replacing it ? If someone could test this on his own motherboard I would really appreciate that ...

Comment

I forgot to update this thread after I got my board back from Gigabyte. About five years late; thou better late than never. From what I remember Gigabyte only charged me for the shipping even thou the board was out of warranty. I still have the computer with same GA-8IHXP motherboard I had the caps replaced on. So far, five years after replacing the caps, the motherboard still works with no hiccups.

Comment

Just for the lols, I had to reply here that I am still using this box.
        Also, after my last update here it was running 24/7 as a file server for about 5 years.
        It still works beautifully as my mail server.
        That's how electronics should last....

Comment

Working...
        X