help hp probook 6565b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help hp probook 6565b

tried to reflash the bios to remove the user power on password , it is amd so i believe i just have to flash the main bios right away using the bin rom file from hp website ?? i tried that and all went good through my programmer and verified , then i went to solder the bios chip back to the motherboard when press power button laptop is dead . dpesn't turn pn at all . no lights except the power led light in the front when you get when you plug the charger . there's voltage on all bios pins except no voltage on pin 1 and 8 ??? what am i missing , please advice

Re: help hp probook 6565b

bad bios flash bin. get Another bin one or reflash backup to verify.

Comment

i measured voltage on the board without soldering the chip and same result

Comment

you mean get another bios chip ?

Comment

does amd bios file need to be modified or it can be flashed right away . downloaded it from HP website . anyone can advice , thx in advance

Comment

tested it again there's 3.3V on pins 1,3,7,8

Comment

have you made backup of the original Bios?
              what is the model of the Bios chip?
              How much is the size of the new Bios file which you programmed on the chip?
              Last edited by caspian; 01-28-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

no backup , 8Mbit bios chip , file was 2Mbyte

Comment

it is winbond chip , it was detected fine by the programmer and all went good and verified , does amd probook needs dump file or it can be flashed right away using the official bin file ?? as far as i know you can flash amd bios right away ? can someone confirm or correct me ?

Comment

I suggest you find a dump file on badcaps.net and write it on the Bios chip.

Comment

Originally posted by new View Post
                      it is winbond chip , it was detected fine by the programmer and all went good and verified , does amd probook needs dump file or it can be flashed right away using the official bin file ?? as far as i know you can flash amd bios right away ? can someone confirm or correct me ?
                      The file on the HP website is just the update not the full files. If you wrote it to the BIOS chip before backing up the original then you must find a dump and write that.

Comment

i understand that but as far as i know with amd you can take the whole file and flash it .. can someone confirm ?

Comment

anyone have the bios dump for probook 6565b ?

Comment

This is HP official bios. If it doesnt work then not a bios issue. You can try another bios chip of 2mb size.Might be graphics issue as this series is known to have ati graphics failure.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i need the dump file to use it with my programmer not the official one . i already tried the official one it doesn't work .. not a graphic issue . it has AMD A6 processor which it is APU ( cpu + gpu ) combined together into the processor , the laptop will not turn on at all no power the only light on it is the charger light , no respond to power button and this happened after i flashed the bios . thank you

Comment

I need code main board

Comment

code main board ?

Comment

check your motherboard there is a board code there

Comment

anyone can provide me with the dump file , once again please don't send me the bios update file it will not work , i need the bios dump file to flash it with the programmer

Comment

Originally posted by new View Post
                                        anyone can provide me with the dump file , once again please don't send me the bios update file it will not work , i need the bios dump file to flash it with the programmer
                                        You are talking funny. The hp official is a full bios. What difference will you get with a dump?? If hp offical bios(which is full) doesnt work-its not a bios issue. Whichever dump you may try, it wont work. You are simply wasting time with flashing. Look for schematic and troubleshoot the signals rather.

Comment

Working...
                                        X