Toshiba L855-10P Totally Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba L855-10P Totally Dead

I think your problem is with Q6010 and/or Q6011, Q6002. Q6010 and Q6011 are Toshiba TPCA8065-H and Q6002 is Toshiba SSM3K7002FU. I should first check and replace them before replacing the charger.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberhack View Post
      Hi atsio have you got schematic
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33101

Comment

hi atsio,

thanks for your support, but I think the motherboard is slightly different than the one you are checking with that schematic. For example this motherboard does not have anything soldered on Q6002, its just empty solder joints.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by grahamw01 View Post
          hi atsio,

thanks for your support, but I think the motherboard is slightly different than the one you are checking with that schematic. For example this motherboard does not have anything soldered on Q6002, its just empty solder joints.

Thanks
          Q6002 in schematic is for protection. Probably they didn't install it.

Comment

I can buy new Q6010, Q6011, Q6012 off ebay and solder them in no problem. I can also get U6000 (BQ25A) off ebay but I am not sure I have the skills to install this one okay. Can only these components be causing the problem or could there be something else?

I can remove it using a heatgun no problem but I am not confident I can solder it back in. If i just hold it in place and use the heatgun will all solder contacts definitely connect properly?

Thanks
            Graham

Comment

Take it to a pro.

Comment

good advice from Atsio

Comment

my friend already took it to a repair shop but they wanted a fortune just to have a look at it which is why I am looking at it. As long you guys are confident it is 1 of these components causing the problem I can get a friend at work to do the soldering job.

Thanks,
                  Graham

Comment

The laptop starts with the battery, so the problem lies in the DC jack - charger area. Nobody (I think) can tell you with confidence over the web which component exactly is faulty and even if it is obvious you never know if something else is also faulty. You will never know until you try it.

Comment

okay thanks, ill give it a shot then

Comment

Good evening guys,
                        Closest I could find is the Dakar 10 FG
                        It supposed to be C850 C855 L850 L855
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys, I got stuck a few posts back,

Comment

OMFG!
                            Its the one with cable? DC jack cable?
                            3 days ago I had a Toshiba now I remember it was Toshiba similar it had 13v on the jack.
                            brb I need to find the pic on the phone I wanted to make a new post with that because its a good info.
                            Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

this one!

ok the negative wire goes in to the socket and it barely touch the case for negative.
                              so~
                              remove the isolation sleeve and get a big iron so you can solder it to the whole jack shield.
                              I was so close to buy a new cable before I did that and it work.
                              pfiu
                              Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Hi grahamw01, have you found a solution? I am facing the same problem with this MB.
                                wow guys, managed to charge the battery a bit on my ancient Toshiba L350, good job I kept it all these years! The laptop works fine off the battery!! So what does this mean?

atsio - I don't know the pin numbers but;

D6000 top left; flickers between 6.9V and 7.5V. top right; 19.35V. middle bottom; 19.09V

D6002 top left; flickers between 6.9V and 7.8V. top right; 2.69V. middle bottom; flickers between 7.5V and 8.5V.

thanks!
                                Last edited by laz; 09-05-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by laz View Post
                                  Hi grahamw01, have you found a solution? I am facing the same problem with this MB.
                                  Hi Laz,

Good timing asking today, I waited almost a month for the replacement components to arrive and I just installed them today and so far the laptop seems to be accepting power through the AC! I managed to turn it on with just the AC connected and now it is charging the battery.

I just replaced Q6010, Q6011 and Q6012, which are TPCA8065-H. I didn't want to try replacing U6000 until I knew it was necessary but looks like I don't need to now! I will give the laptop a good testing soon and post back, but so far so good!

Thanks to everyone for helping me with this!

Comment

Well done, Thanks a lot! I will try it and post my results too.
                                    Hi Laz,

Good timing asking today, I waited almost a month for the replacement components to arrive and I just installed them today and so far the laptop seems to be accepting power through the AC! I managed to turn it on with just the AC connected and now it is charging the battery.

I just replaced Q6010, Q6011 and Q6012, which are TPCA8065-H. I didn't want to try replacing U6000 until I knew it was necessary but looks like I don't need to now! I will give the laptop a good testing soon and post back, but so far so good!

Thanks to everyone for helping me with this!

Comment

Originally posted by laz View Post
                                      Well done, Thanks a lot! I will try it and post my results too.
                                      No problem. For a few hours the laptop stuck at 99% charging which was a bit worrying, but I just unplugged it and let it drain the battery completely until the laptop turned off, then plugged the charger back in and let it fully charge and it reached 100%, so if you encounter it getting stuck at 99% just try that, I think it just needs to recalibrate or something. I left it plugged in and turned on overnight and still seems to be perfect

Q6010, Q6011 and Q6012 are soldered down on the whole underside too which is very annoying. I had to use a reflow heatgun with a fine tip and crank it all the way up to 500C to get the things off. Hope it goes well for you!

Comment

There
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi again, unfortunately it didn't work. I replaced Q6010, Q6011 and Q6012. On my board only Q6012 is TPCA8065. The other two are N4800LS. I didn't notice any change, I am reading 0,42V on the battery pins.

No problem. For a few hours the laptop stuck at 99% charging which was a bit worrying, but I just unplugged it and let it drain the battery completely until the laptop turned off, then plugged the charger back in and let it fully charge and it reached 100%, so if you encounter it getting stuck at 99% just try that, I think it just needs to recalibrate or something. I left it plugged in and turned on overnight and still seems to be perfect

Q6010, Q6011 and Q6012 are soldered down on the whole underside too which is very annoying. I had to use a reflow heatgun with a fine tip and crank it all the way up to 500C to get the things off. Hope it goes well for you!

Comment

Working...
                                          X