Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

I can get them from certified distributor, the price is not that bad in that amounts, but the 14 weeks shipping time…or 10 weeks using airmail…
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post

As for small chinese distributors, they are very wiling. If you want something, they will get it for you. Not much deception amongst them - there is way too much competition and by seling you counterfeites for the price of genuine products, they will loose much more in the long therm. And they are aware of that. This stuff only works in our culture.
      So you're saying that you can get just about any chinese company to make caps for you, or do you have to be some sort of distributor and have a large minimum quantity?

Comment

Well not exactly. On the other hand, generally, if you pay for it, the Chinese will make you just whatever you want…

As for Samxon, they established some new policy so next time I'll have to buy caps through some of their distributor. But if I'll have something like 50k+ USD annual orders from them, they will sell me directly.

ADD// here are the images BTW
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Behemot; 11-14-2013, 05:30 PM.
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

I am new here and was just looking around the board when I read this thread. I understand a lot of fake everything comes from China and that is the risk any buyer must weigh. I don't agree that every eBay seller is selling junk! I have been selling electronic components for just over a year on eBay with the goal of building up a strong honest relationship with my buyers. By next year my website will be operational and I won't sell on feebay any more. This is only part time for me so number of sales is not important at this point. I have a perfect track record with my buyers and I test every lot of components I buy for resale to ensure they are good quality parts. I don't buy from China but can't know where every part my dealers sold me come from that's why I randomly test every lot.

The point of this is to ask you good folks that have the love for
          Electronics I do to please not group all eBay sellers in one bad group. That is very unfair to sellers like myself that demonstrate outstanding business ethics with my customers satisfaction being the top priority. If by chance any bad part were to get by me to my customer I would refund in full and purchase them the correct good part from DigiKey, Mouser, or any retail store they wanted.

All eBay sellers are not bad and just out for a quick buck, I am proof of that! I have been in the electronic field for 28 years, 10 of which were serving our country in aviation electronics. I sell to give my fellow electronic lovers a safe, low cost, and friendly place to buy new and NOS never used and always tested. That location is eBay for now.

Regards,

George (Peorge)

Comment

here is the problem, although your integrity may be commendable, a very high percent of electronic components that are not sourced directly from the manufacturer are counterfeit from China - so let's say you are selling capacitors, unless you are purchasing your caps DIRECT from a reputable manufacturer (and there are really only about 6 of them, Panasonic, Nippon Chemi-con, Rubycon, Nichicon, Toshin Kogyo, all from Japan, and Samyoung from Korea) or your are purchasing from a manufacturer's authorized distributor, i.e. DigiKey, Mouser, Newark - then your caps are very likely counterfeit, and "testing" is not sufficient because you would need expensive equipment to test qualities such as ESR and EVEN THEN the cap could be counterfeit and show up as a much shorter life expectancy or lower temperature tolerance than marked.

So how would you be able to get these cheap enough to sell them at an interesting price on ebay? - I am saying they are likely counterfeit, even though you believe they are genuine, the epidemic of counterfeits is ridiculously widespread!

Explain how you are running these caps in a test at 105° C. and letting them run for 10's of 1000's of hours at this temp?

You must have "chain of custody" traceable from the manufacturer to you, in order insure they are not counterfeit.

The only real exception is older military surplus from the US government (in genuine sealed military packaging or old Russian military surplus.)
            Last edited by theOracle; 08-31-2014, 11:41 AM.

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

^ Exactly on correct info. ANYTHING that is GENUINE WILL have certification direct from the manufacture that is traceable and accepted by qualified testing facilities as being as such. If a seller can not show me or is not willing to show me proof of the product being as stated as being genuine then I do not purchase from such seller, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                I can get them from certified distributor, the price is not that bad in that amounts, but the 14 weeks shipping time…or 10 weeks using airmail…
                the only distributors that are not selling counterfeit, by definition, as the ones the MANUFACTURER specifies, you must NOT take the distributor's word for anything, you go to the manufacturer's corporate website and they will have a very short list of who is an authorized distributor in your country - In USA, that pretty much means just DigiKey, Mouser, and Newark plus an occasional regional distributor, such as a couple in silicon valley)

any other methodology breaks the "chain of custody" and then you very likely have counterfeits
                Last edited by theOracle; 08-31-2014, 12:17 PM.

the BIG 4

Comment

So when I buy leftover parts from pcb manufactures they are all fake, when I buy NOS from manufacturers they are all fake. I guess buying from bad caps which I had never seen until today is the exception? The airlines and military were buying millions worth of fakes for years and the custody forms were fake as well, it took the FAA years to uncover that. That could never happen to digikey or mouser. Lets also take into account the tolorence so if a cap is rated 105 and it fails at 104 is that still good.

This site is not
                  For me that's for sure. I would advise every one on this site to stand at the end of the assembly line to be 100% positive none of your caps are fake, also have the manufacturer test each of your caps to be sure every one is perfect, even though there is no such thing.

Thank you for your replies.

George

Comment

Originally posted by peorge View Post
                    So when I buy leftover parts from pcb manufactures they are all fake, when I buy NOS from manufacturers they are all fake. I guess buying from bad caps which I had never seen until today is the exception? The airlines and military were buying millions worth of fakes for years and the custody forms were fake as well, it took the FAA years to uncover that. That could never happen to digikey or mouser. Lets also take into account the tolorence so if a cap is rated 105 and it fails at 104 is that still good.

This site is not
                    For me that's for sure. I would advise every one on this site to stand at the end of the assembly line to be 100% positive none of your caps are fake, also have the manufacturer test each of your caps to be sure every one is perfect, even though there is no such thing.

Thank you for your replies.

George
                    Don't let the screendoor hit you where the good Lord split you!

Comment

there are no fake caps being put out by the manufacturers listed above, but I would be very wary of manufacturer's surplus, because pcb manufacturers can be tricked just like you can - now let's say you could buy from a company that has very tight quality control on parts, for example, Nippon Denso, that might work, but I have rarely seen the big very strict companies selling anything surplus, they normally have the manufacturer take it back if it is not needed - most "PCB manufacturers" are contract manufacturers and don't even put their own name on the final product and are often the low bidder for the job, which increases the chances of cost cutting by getting components outside the "chain of custody" and the tricky Chinese and others utilize this fact to move the billions of counterfeit parts.

The airlines and military were buying millions worth of fakes for years and the custody forms were fake as well, it took the FAA years to uncover that.
                      thanks, you just made my point better than I could have!
                      Last edited by theOracle; 08-31-2014, 01:38 PM.

the BIG 4

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
                        the only distributors that are not selling counterfeit, by definition, as the ones the MANUFACTURER specifies, you must NOT take the distributor's word for anything, you go to the manufacturer's corporate website and they will have a very short list of who is an authorized distributor in your country - In USA, that pretty much means just DigiKey, Mouser, and Newark plus an occasional regional distributor, such as a couple in silicon valley)

any other methodology breaks the "chain of custody" and then you very likely have counterfeits
                        I only source from distributors getting the goods directly from the factory now, or in smaller volumes from resellers who source from these distributors.

Comment

be careful on the second half of that sentence, everyone in America loves to say "I only source from authorized distributors"

Digi-Key and Mouser will sell you quantity 1 of most anything, so there is no reason to use "resellers" - when you use resellers, you just broke the chain of custody!

the BIG 4

Comment

When I see them getting the right MOQ for the right price after the right manfuacturing time and my distributor tells me they source from them, than guess what, they source from them!

I am beginning to be alergic to that digi-key and mouser morons of yours. You may want to finally realize the world is not just yours fascistic US of A so keep that overpriced crap in there. Especialy those digikey motherfuckers…

Comment

Digi-Key and Mouser have the lowest prices in America and are fast and reliable and AUTHORIZED - however, due to the high price of international shipping, you should source from the Nichicon authorized distributors in Europe, listed within the Nichicon corporate website.

and yes, we here in the USA do not like our government any more than you do! - especially when it comes to fighting unnecessary wars!

the BIG 4

Comment

I don't care about Nichicon, they have huge MOQs and not very competitive pricing, my sources are NCC and possibly Rubycon in the near future.

Wars are the least of your problems…they are just the outcome of the aggressive policy of green paper export. You noticed how your government always destroyed anybody who not only stopped taking that green toilet paper (for oil mostly), but also encouraged others to do the same?
                                Last edited by Behemot; 09-01-2014, 06:51 AM.

Comment

yes, we are a materialistic bully country! - but the good people are in the minority here so change is hard!

I was using Nichicon as an example, same advice goes for Rubycon, NCC, Panasonic etc. - the counterfeits have become so common that you would have to be nuts to buy from a source that is not listed on the manufacturer's website (ebay, other websites, etc.)

the BIG 4

Comment

Working...
                                  X