Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

Why haven't you bought from me? I always have some stock of used cheap caps, measured good only. Or you are playing „no longer knowing me“?

theOracle: you work for some distributor or what? I have bought several times on eBay and I am increasing the numbers of acquisitions there. Last time I also bought brand new line from some chinese distributor, Chemi-Con KYA, which your famous Digi Key and others don't have even in offer yet though they know about them for half a year. It is not a problem to buy caps from eBay if you know what to look for.

As for small chinese distributors, they are very wiling. If you want something, they will get it for you. Not much deception amongst them - there is way too much competition and by seling you counterfeites for the price of genuine products, they will loose much more in the long therm. And they are aware of that. This stuff only works in our culture.
    Last edited by Behemot; 10-23-2013, 07:48 PM.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

So if you buy stuff on eBay from China, isn't it called ChiBay?

Comment

No, you skipped Alibaba and got the 40 thieves instead.

Comment

I just came across some fake KZG's. Like seriously, why even bother faking KZG?
          They measure correct capacitance and 0.02 ohm ESR
          Attached Files

Comment

You sure they are fakes? I have very strong feeling that NCC actually started using this sealing. I have noticed the new KYA caps I have from chinese distributor for low voltage have this sealings and for higher voltage have different. So I checked older KY from reliable source (Digi-Key) and was quite surprised they also have different sealings for different voltages (although not directly this circular).

As also Samxon started using these circular sealings, I have acquired the opinion they are all slowly switching to this type. Probably somewhat cheaper and still good enough.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Jooo View Post
              I just came across some fake KZG's. Like seriously, why even bother faking KZG?
              They measure correct capacitance and 0.02 ohm ESR
              I get fresh Chemi-con caps in every week from authorized sources Mouser and Digi-Key, and I just sat here and checked dozens out of curiosity, and there is no Chemi-con cap I have ever seen with a bung like that, so they are fakes. - the Chinese will fake anything that is or was popular, so this is not so surprising.

Stick with factory authorized sources only!

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

Have you seen anything from the KYA line?

Comment

Here's a picture of the KZE caps.. the bottom has solder flow channels.
                  Circular bung is just cheap.

Attached Files

Comment

I've never, ever seen a NCC cap with a circular bung, so I am thinking you got fakes.
                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Are you all just basing your ideas on the fact it has never been used before->it will never be used in future? Do you see this flaw in your logic or not?

Comment

Changing the bung in the middle of a series is highly unlikely. If a manufacturer would change the bung, it would probably be at the beginning of a new series.

That and KZG being discontinued makes me definitely think it's a fake.

Rubycon MBZ, UCC KZG, some Sanyo series etc ... basically discontinued. People fake what's hard to obtain officially, everything you see on eBay it's either old stock or simply fakes.

Comment

Sure, but the KYA is new series…though it seems they have the sealings specified in datasheet, I'll chek that.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                            Sure, but the KYA is new series…though it seems they have the sealings specified in datasheet, I'll chek that.
                            The datasheet shows they (the KYA series) use the normal bung, which is designed for allowing the flux cleaner to get under the capacitor to remove the flux near the legs.

Yeah, my ideas might be wrong, but I highly doubt NCC would make a move like that!

Try taking one apart to see if the bung has been put on wrong. I highly doubt that too.
                            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                              Try taking one apart to see if the bung has been put on wrong. I highly doubt that too.
                              What exactly do you mean by has been put on wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                                What exactly do you mean by has been put on wrong?
                                Maybe the inner side of the bung is what we see on the outside. AKA it is inside-out.

Could you get a picture or two of the vent stamping? EDIT: Whoops, you weren't the one who posted the pics... LOL
                                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I have opened one, the sealing is same from both sides. The electrolyte vaporized quite fast from the aluminium foil. Also I noticed the uF has different font and the V is too far from the number. They defnitelly are fakes, all of them. Will be very mad at the seller…it's SKY FOUNDATION TECHNOLOGY CO, LIMITED.

It's unpleasant findings, really, they looked quite authentic. I don't have anything else ATM so I'll need to keep offering them but will offer 5 years warranty with full refund/replacement if they go wrong as I am looking for source of originals right away.
                                  Last edited by Behemot; 11-13-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

those are fake all the way...
                                    thats as funny as those that fake ultrafire batteries.counterfeiting fake shit.
                                    what would be funnier is if these fake kzg hold up better than the real ones!

Comment

That's pretty much possible, look at how long some of the betteer OSTs hold

I am just curious how long will mine KYAs hold. I have 400 pcs of three different voltages/capacities so we'll see if I'll have any RMA in 5 years

Comment

I got 60USD refund even though how long that is I have them so I guess I am satisfied. It should cover for most expenses…not that I am any happy from that but considering most craps can handle 5-6 years in displays, if these are at least half as good as KYA, it's still OK. Another good thing about using the best caps available

Comment

The Chinese got the better of you:

"We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
                                          X