Samsung P2450 inverter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung P2450 inverter problem

Hi there i have just bought a monitor a samsung p2450 which i was told the screen would go blank after a couple of seconds. So on testing this that is the case. So i thought it would be faulty capacitors as it mostly is with samsung monitors. But when i opened the monitor up this was not the case. It has a big burn mark and a hole at CN3 ,CN4 next to a resistor and a capacitor. what would cause this,Is it repairable , or can i try and connect a universal 4 ccfl lamp inverter to this board to get the monitor working again.

Here are some pics

Any help appreciated

Thanks again

Garry
    Attached Files
    Your never to old to learn

Re: Samsung P2450 inverter problem

With some time and effort, this board could be fixed. The pins of the ccfl connector would have to be cleaned to prevent arching. The traces need repaired or replaced with wire of certain guage. I'd replace the resistor too. If it were a smaller monitor, I'd say forget it. Once the board is cleaned up and that part is replaced, you still dont know what else is bad on the board, if anything.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I iamagine that my concern here,if I decided to try and repair, would be whether the transformer is 100% OK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
        I iamagine that my concern here,if I decided to try and repair, would be whether the transformer is 100% OK !!!!
        I agree with Rtech that the short drawing that much current may have damaged the inverter transformer and other surrounding components. Also, what caused the short? I'm guessing that one of the CCFL tubes shorted to the case, so that needs to be addressed by looking at the CCFL tubes and wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by garrymc123 View Post
          Hi there i have just bought a monitor a samsung p2450 which i was told the screen would go blank after a couple of seconds. So on testing this that is the case. So i thought it would be faulty capacitors as it mostly is with samsung monitors. But when i opened the monitor up this was not the case. It has a big burn mark and a hole at CN3 ,CN4 next to a resistor and a capacitor. what would cause this,Is it repairable , or can i try and connect a universal 4 ccfl lamp inverter to this board to get the monitor working again.

Here are some pics

Any help appreciated

Thanks again

Garry

How could you fix your monitor?

Comment

This thread is over 12 months old so I doubt that you will get a reply- If you have a similar problem with the same monitor we may be able to help.
            Welcome to the forum-
            We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

It will be useful if you can say what the supposed fault was and a bit about yourself - skills tools etc.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

If your Board is burnt as badly as the one shown,then attempted repair would probably create more problems than it would solve.If 2 Monitors have done the same thing,then even a replacement Board may also go the same way.I would probably test the screen using another 24" Monitors internal parts,and then think either about using that and the Logic Board as spares or offer them for sale.I would think a good 24" Screen ,would bring in a good price.

Comment

Having a problem with back-light on my Samsung P2450. Comes on for only one second at power cycle. Hoping for some guidance regarding the pry points to open the case without tearing it up. Thanks!

Comment

Got the case off and found the power board looked like - but not quite as bad as - the pictures posted previously by garrymc123.

Found the whole board for $29 plus $8 shipping at http://parts-lcd.com.

Comment

My power board looks almost exactly like the pics posted by garrymc123!

saltyscot - Did the replacement board from parts-lcd.com solve your problem?

Thanks!
                    Last edited by rcasey; 09-02-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

My power board looks almost exactly like the pics posted by garrymc123!

saltyscot - Did the replacement board from parts-lcd.com solve your problem?

Thanks!

----------
                      Oops. I posted this message twice. Can't find delete button!
                      Last edited by rcasey; 09-02-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X