Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by Pressies View Post
    I have tried but after switching on the Laptop the power button is blinking 3x….then nothing happened.

I tried it with original bios and with the patched file. Same result.

remove any power source (including rtc/cmos battery), flash it again with the original dump and try. Post your laptop type/sn here.
    do you use clips? it's indicated to solder the chip on the programmer. if it works i'll post here the patched bios.
    Last edited by brontobyte; 10-03-2022, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brontobyte View Post
      remove any power source (including rtc/cmos battery), flash it again with the original dump and try. Post your laptop type/sn here.
      do you use clips? it's indicated to solder the chip on the programmer. if it works i'll post here the patched bios.
      Thx brontobyte, i have used a clip. I have flashed the original bios file without any power source too and the result was the same like written.

I will send now my T480s to one of my friends contacts because the person will check my platine and eeprom / ic with measuring instruments. Perhaps there will be a phyiscan defect through the clip (or not). The photo from IC shows a little unknown material structure question etc..

I will inform you after this check and maybe the reason for my problem will be known / clear.

little question to you: could you perhaps look in my original bios (look some posts above from Mr with attachment) for any error? It would be nice if you could check it with your broad experiences? !
      Last edited by Pressies; 10-03-2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I have successfully cleared the password on several X270 in the past, but this time it doesn't work. I was able to patch and flash the BIOS. After booting, the message "Press F1 to enter Setup" appears and after pressing F1, "Entering Setup ..." appears again and again in an endless loop.
        I have also flashed the patched BIOS of another X270, but also here it comes to this endless loop.
        What else can I do?
        Last edited by rumpumpel1; 10-05-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Hi, can someone try patch this dump from x260 ?

Still i have this nie mo issues on different PC.
          Dump is correct becouse i put it back on bios chip
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklegrumble View Post
            Hello everyone!

In the past several weeks I've learned a lot from this forum and its community especially from all the folks who contributed to THIS thread

With some trial and error I was able to reliably patch BIOS dumps for SVP-locked Lenovo machines up to the 8th generation using the info, tools, and files provided on this forum. After some practice and positive feedback from users I helped I've noticed that, once learned, the process is fairly straightforward, so I've developed a small python script to automate it and allow everyone to patch their own binaries without having to ask for help and wait.

This is my way to give back to the community. Also I am lazy... lol.

DISCLAIMER
            1. THIS SCRIPT IS FREE AND IS INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
              You CAN download it, modify it, redistribute it, etc. I only ask that you DON'T sell it or try to make a profit from it, and that you please credit the authors for the time and work they put into it.
            2. I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR CREATING THE DXE DRIVERS OR ANY OF THE FILES THAT MAKE UP THE PATCH ITSELF.
              I've only developed the python script that automates the process and puts it all together.
            3. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR MACHINE, YOUR PETS, YOUR HOUSE, YOUR LIFE, AND THE SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM
              Making this kind of modifications is risky and might leave you with an unusable/broken machine.
              The script is not perfect by any means, and while I haven't bricked any hardware (yet) I can't promise that won't happen to you.
              USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

With that out of the way, using it is pretty simple and it should work on both Windows and Linux as long as you have Python installed https://www.python.org/downloads/.
            Just download the zip file and extract it. You'll get a folder named "lenovo_autopatcher" with the following content:

IMPORTANT: Before applying the patch make sure you verify that your original image is not corrupted by dumping 1 or 2 additional images from your bios chip and comparing them. The original dump is THE ONLY WAY to recover your machine if something goes wrong!

From command line use either autopatch.cmd (Windows) or autopatch.sh (Linux) as follows:

autopatch <your_bios_image.ext>

THAT'S IT!

The command will generate either your_bios_image_PATCHED.ext or your_bios_image_PATCHED_CLEAN.ext depending on the type of BIOS you are patching. The original dump will be left unchanged.

autopatch -h will output the help info for the command
            autopatch --howto will output the following instructions on how to use the patched image:

[ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]
            STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
            STEP 2: Boot the machine
            STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
            STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
            STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
            STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
            STEP 7: Turn off machine
            STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
            STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default

[ NOTES ]
            When booting the patched BIOS you might have to:
            - Hold the anti-tamper switch down the whole time (use tape)
            - Remove the hard disk or replace it with a locked one

Finally, I would be grateful if you could report any bugs, errors, problems, or general feedback in this thread so that I can make improvements to the script.

Thank you, and enjoy!
            T470
            I DUMP backuped ORIGNAL FILE AFTER CREATED THE patched.bin file with auto patcher
            erasing bios chip and flashed with patcher file

and after this all this thing is gone which is write down
            below down all prosses compleated, in between i forget temper proof switch to pressed continue.in all this prosess

pess F1 to enter setup: password 1234
            wait 20sec or more
            Press anykey to hardware Id
            Press 2x space
            tpm certificate changed
            turn off

flashed with backup bios original .

but at right now my pc not showing any response with power button, no led light to showing with power button and no cpu fan running,

when i connect charger power button green led 3 time blinking and goes to off and charging orange light continues show orange light ,,
            but no booting, power button is pressing nothing happen

laptop is fully dead condition.

please help me

Comment

T470
              I DUMP backuped ORIGNAL FILE AFTER CREATED THE patched.bin file with auto patcher

below down all prosses compleated, in between i forget temper proof switch to pressed continue.in all this prosess

wait 20sec or more
              Press 2x space
              tpm certificate changed
              turn off

but at right now my pc not showing any response with power button, no led light to showing with power button and no cpu fan running,

when i connect charger power button green led 3 time blinking and goes to off and charging orange light continues show orange light ,,

please help me

Comment

Originally posted by brontobyte View Post
                please try
                No display brother

Comment

Originally posted by studiophototeam View Post
                  T470

wait 20sec or more
                  Press 2x space
                  tpm certificate changed
                  turn off

please help me
                  Hello, I don't know if this is helpful. But are all 6 resistors leading away from the EEPROM still intact? They're quite happy to be torn off by clip, not because it looks like this.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Markus1741; 10-05-2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vignesharivuslm View Post
                    No display brother
                    backup bios of your bios ic 2 to 3 copy save....1st work
                    patch file with auto patcher---2nd work
                    erase bios chip fully---3rd work
                    verify chip blank or not after erase, ----4rth work
                    then write patch file in bios chip, --5th work
                    then do process all which mention ,,, f1, any 4 digit password, space baar , with right time,--- and shut down after tpm certificate changed--- 6th work

and again last finally, again erase chip before writing your old bios
                    after all above mentioned process, ----7th work

if all this exactly same you found you as like you are winner , you done miracle
                    if nothing done and not working your think pad find resistor near bios, also check bios pin supply by multimeter absolutely your component zig zag or missed by your work or any on pin supply missing

Comment

hello, can anybody patch this dump model T480s pcb no:- NM-B471 ?

Comment

yes of Corse your write every line is helping everyone

1st my 1 resistor is missing which one i placed already before posting and reading rply msging

but my system not powered by button,
                        i found my bios chip with multimeter no- 8th pin vcc pin is showing no value
                        and finding daigram of CT471 PIN SUPPLY WHER TO COMMING THIN PIN SUPPLY OF VCC, then i jumperd seeing by schematic daigram
                        AND NOW I AM THE WINNER
                        AND WORKING WELL DONE AND BIOS ALSO CRAKED

ALSO I AM ATTACHING PIC..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                          If bios beeps at startup, the checksum is not corrected.
                          I had the problem here and followed this tutorial

But I failed to do a correct bios.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=65996&page=11

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...eps-on-lenovo/
                          it happaned first time but the second work perfectly on lenovo t560

Comment

erase chip every time before write bios, if you doing with patcher.bin file or orignal bios,,
                            then no beep sound you here nxt time,, and also verify ic after write the program

Comment

Originally posted by vignesharivuslm View Post
                              No display brother
                              tell me where you lappy stuck i am from delhi u can msging me directly 9212412274
                              if your lappy t470, or t480
                              then i can help you

Comment

Originally posted by deep_bks View Post
                                hello, can anybody patch this dump model T480s pcb no:- NM-B471 ?
                                Try this ...
                                Attached Files

Comment

i got this error , create the file but with this errors friends any idea ? i download again and still same error
                                  Attached Files

Comment

thank you Markus1741 my brother it works thank youuuuuuuu
                                    Last edited by deep_bks; 10-08-2022, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Please I have Lenovo L560 with SVP, can you help me patch this please ? Thank you. Before It had no SVP I guess but because I was having a message that the battery installed is counterfeit I flashed with another bios file and I get SVP on this machine now. WIndows does boot when I insert an HDD with windows installed but I am restricted from entering bios, now battery show not detected when I boot into windows.

Comment

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
                                        Please I have Lenovo L560 with SVP, can you help me patch this please ? Thank you. Before It had no SVP I guess but because I was having a message that the battery installed is counterfeit I flashed with another bios file and I get SVP on this machine now. WIndows does boot when I insert an HDD with windows installed but I am restricted from entering bios, now battery show not detected when I boot into windows.
                                        Try this ...
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                                          Try this ...
                                          it worked actually
                                          Last edited by ajbernasko; 10-08-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X