• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello everyone

Comment

Thanks for welcome aboard.

Looking to get my feet wet by replacing caps in my Jenn-air oven display board

Comment

hello everyone my name is murat i work tv n phone repair shop in uk i like this forum im married 2 kids i m originally from turkey but i lived 8 years in uk

Comment

Hello All,
          I am Greg, Looking for some help with fixing and repairing TV parts that were hit with that good old electrical lighting bolt, blew out a few things in my house and i am not one to throw them away, and if I do throw them away I should learn alittle more about them before I do maybe worth a couple hundred bucks if I can fix something on my own. I do enjoy tearing things apart and repairing them on my own. alot of satisfaction out of that!
          So hello from the little toad hop puddle of Bedford Indiana. and thanks for lending a hand in my learning adventures! Gm

Comment

Hello,
            My name is Todd. I've always been a little bit of a tinkerer, and taken things apart to see how they work. Recently I've used some info on forums to help me fix a TV, so I thought I would join and learn a few more things.

Comment

Hi i am chooky, found this wonderful site from an ebayer, have learnt so much already...thanks very much...fantastic

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm new to this but have a couple of project plasmas on hand to get my feet wet. Looks like a pretty great community you have hear. Looking forward to learning a lot

Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello all My name is Roger Roberts.

Graduated in 09 with a degree in EE albeit with a controls focus but I do have enough background in circuits and theory to do some testing and diagnosis. Actually learning more about it and best practices is a ssomething I really want to learn more of even if for a hobby. Long story short my friend gave me a free Vizio VA26LHDTV10T as it was hit by the dreaded lightening. So I figured it'd be something fun to learn on and worst case I'm not out anything except time. I do know on the power supply board the C907(main large cap) is completely but through on the positive side ( I believe) of the electrode. BURNT IN TWO, can't get more open. I know this is right after the AC line and is what should jump up to 300Vdc when PFC. Since it can't checkout much of anything since I can't get any power in, is there a way I can check the other boards to see if it's even worth getting a 50 dollar power supply board to experiment with the troubleshooting? I don't mind spending 50 dollars to learn and play around a little but I'd hate to buy only to find out the main board is gone too and have to spend another75. I don't really need the TV other than as a learning experience and if I did fix it I'd just give it away to a younger sibling.

Any who that was my main reason for joining, to learn as much as I can and to see if can spend a little time this winter gaining some circuit troubleshooting skills.

Thanks all

Comment

Hello everyone,

Im here for help and to give help were i can.

Comment

Hi

I know nothing about electronics or capacitators, but I needed access to the photos in thread about Dreambox 500 diseqc problems, because my Dreambox is not switching LNBs for some reason. Anyway i bought caps yesterday and at home i found out they game me another voltage - 63V instead of 50V.

Peter

Comment

Hi, my name is Steve and I although I studied electronics at school, I have not really used it since and have forgotten most of what I had learnt.

I started with computers when they were cool; I had a ZX spectrum for years and eventually upgraded to an Amiga. I remember hacking that to fit a harddrive and marvelling at the 120MB capacity!

I work in IT (mainframes, not PC's), though I do a lot of "fixing" for friends and neighbours. Recently I have found myself with kit that has been discarded, but that I feel can be recovered, reconditioned and re-utilised... which has lead me here.

Having replaced a couple of capacitors for £1, rather than spending a couple of hundred to replace a test server, I am encouraged to undertake more "repairs" rather than recklessly spending money to replace and this journey has ending up with me coming across this site and forum.

While friends and colleagues tend to mock my fear of things going to waste (you know the types... throw away a perfectly good washing machine, rather than replace the pump for £10, etc. ), I know I am amongst like minded people here!

I look forward to learning and having a go at fixing some more things and hopefully helping others too, in time. ;-)

Steve.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim and I live in Northern California. Even though I studied Engineering in college I decided to pursue a career in another field--aviation. I spent 22 years in the USAF. Now I fly for a commercial airline.

I've always enjoyed tinkering around with electronics and computers and hope to broaden my knowledge about them on this forum.

Have a great day!

Comment

Hello im new here with some tv troubles. Luckily I do have some (very little) technical knowledge involved in electronic repair. I once soldered a car remote and created a makeshift atari 2600 power cord with parts. So ya! Hopefully I get my tv fixed and expand my electronic repair horizons.

If its broken might as well try to fix it... that's my motto!
                              Not much help but good for a few laughs now and again.

Comment

Hello excited to learn.

Comment

hi guys! just joined the community

Comment

Hi I'm new to TV Repair and would like to get some advice from the experienced members of the forum.
                                    Kev

Comment

Hi fellows.
                                      One more to join the comunity!

Comment

Hi guys,

I repair stuff as a hobby, but just lurking these forums for info is no longer enough, now has come a time to post!

Comment

Greeting from Bocas del Toro Panama. Not many repair shops here so with a mulimeter, scope and blue esr meter I do my best. Information is vital so thanks Badcaps

Comment

Working...
                                          X