This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello All! Long time fiddler, wire crosser and sparky, First time poster.

It all started that fateful day when my AA Battery-powered Big Foot truck stopped lighting up and driving forward when I turned the thick plastic key attached to the bed of the toy truck. At age 6 I didn't know much, but I knew that little shaft thing in my dads silver box would take out those shiny circle thingies with the cross in the top. I also knew that tools fixed everything. I grabbed that pointy shaft thingie and off I went. Successfully having removed all circle shiny thingies, the top half of the truck easily separated from the bottom, revealing what i knew had to be the problem..... the colorfull stringimabobbers and the round silver cold thingie. I yanked all those colorful stringimabobbers and the two silver cold round tube-lookied whatzizts, and took it all out so they couldn't cause any more problems. Satisfjed that I had just done the most awesome cool thing a person could do, I quickly raced to get the truck put back together with the silver round cross-head thngies. I got it together, out it on the ground and yanked that key as quick as I could. You know what?! There was no noise!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! That meant didn't make anything worse! In fact, now I didn't have to worry about batteries because with those cold silver cylinder things gone, I could push the truck as much and as fast as I wanted to!

After that huge success, and 34 more years of random stuff, I've just started buying and repairing tvs which both fits nicely along with my car audio car audio as well as gaining me quick access to and visibility of lots of deals on tvs and lots of broken stuff to collect.

I'm a mechanical Automotive engineer by BS, and have worked in automotive and military developing the next generation of hybrid, electric and alternative energy vehicles. I can find my way around a board but am no expert so I look forward to learning from everyone in this group.

Thanks for having me!
    Pete Merle

Comment

Howdy,
      I'm a computer hobbiest, sell computer on the side but have a hotel business in the caribean. Because I live in a salty environment I now have about 15 elitebooks of various models packed up with mobo issues, the latest being my wife's 2570p that sometimes comes on for two minutes but usually doesn't post and has the fan blowing like a gale. I'm here to find all the answers to my problems. Is that too much to ask?
      Great, I'm off to find answers.

Comment

Hello all,
        I'm Neil from the UK, have been repairing TV's, IT equipment and everything in-between for the past 30 or so years, have just started a journey into home automation (mine field) I ended up here after searching for answers to a TV problem but will get to that later!. will no doubt will be asking some questions soon.

Thanks for haveing me here.
        Neil

Comment

Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I hope i will learn something here. Thanks in advance for all help I get here.

Comment

tryin to remove restriction dont mind me

Comment

I am Jordan, I am new to the forum, but have a lot to add to this group

Comment

Hello, I'm a long time lurker on this site but have been doing a lot more repairs so it's time to get a proper account. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Comment

Hello everybody, I firs found the badcaps forum when the PCBs where plage with bad caps. That was long time ago. I gave up on the idea of replacing the caps since I was a novice in the field. Now I am returing to repairing the PCBs, so I am glad that this forum still existis

Comment

Hi electronic friends,
                    You can call me Melvin.
                    With over 30 years doing electronics for a living I still love it. Can you believe it ?
                    Still doing researches and updating with semiconductors and equipment in the electronic field on a regular basis.
                    Have seen this website many times along my researches, so it must be good. Nice to join you guys.
                    Let's Get Ready To Rumble !!!

Comment

Howdy. Just trying to change my password.

Comment

Hey, won't be going too deep into myself as I'd prefer to keep my identity private

I have a background in soft dev and electronics repair. My reason for joining is to obtain some hard to find (for free) macbook schematics and boardviews. That being said, I can see myself delving further into this forum as time goes on.

I look forward to my stay here and a big thank you to everyone that has shared a .pdf and .brd, much appreciated!

Comment

Hello all. Managed to fix my fridge lights using from info here. Saved a couple of hundred bucks! Will be adding to the accumulated knowledge on that issue, shortly.

Great forum- Thanks!

Comment

Holly, I'm Roger the skater.

Comment

Hey, i'm Simon
                              I do electronics and computer related stuff in Denmark!

Comment

Hey I'm Bear,

My normal gig has nothing to do with repairs but infatuations will be.

I dismantled and reassembled my fathers watch when I was 8 and was hooked with micro repairs.

My first machine was a Commodore 64 (just to show how long ago it was when I was 8). I dismantled my first laptop in 2007 and haven't looked back.

I've started to look at doing some MoBo repairs and this looks like a fantastic resource.

Cheers

Comment

Hello, I've always been fascinated by repairs, I attribute this to Luis (Sesame Street) and McGuyver (original series). Been especially curious about electronic repair since I was around 11yrs. Broke many things before I started repairing but it was all worth it.
                                  Having a B.Sc in Process Engineering and mostly completed a M.Sc in Project Management but opportunities in my country are few and far between.
                                  Stopped repairing electronics as a hobby when surface mount became popular but recently stumbled on "microsoldering" after I took a chance with a liquid damaged Macbook Air 3 yrs ago and started watching Louis Rossman's videos.
                                  As I still have much to learn, I will try my best to describe my issues and steps so that it can be helpful to others until I learn enough to make regular contributions on the various channels!

Comment

Hi I am Blatrix, trying to teach my self more about electronics / repair

Comment

Hi All. I'm Mehmet from Turkey. Electronics have always been my hobby. I got a lot of help thanks to this forum, especially about the BIOS dump. I'd love to join your. best wishes to you all...

Comment

hello guys from philipinss here

Comment

I like turtles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X