LE40A656A1F Dark image in the middle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LE40A656A1F Dark image in the middle

Hello i got this TV as a part of a lot of broken TV's , this one works fine but had horisontal lines across the screen. I cleaned the LVDS cable and also the screen cable and connecter , the lines are gone but i have this dark image with weird effect on the left side of the screen as you can see on my video. The connecter which goes to the screen i could not clean because its unreachable atm , i would have to take the whole screen apart. See in pictures. Do you think its possible its T-Con board? How do i preform some tests to rule out the logic board? Also when i bring up the menu , its also dark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3EFKYvtHE

Re: LE40A656A1F Dark image in the middle

Also if i even touch the ribbon cables the horizontal lines come back. Could it be that the cables are faulty?

Comment

Could be, they shouldn't freakout just by touching them.

Comment

I think its actually one of the ribbons connecting to the panel.. and by me touching the ribbons on the tcon it actually moves the board connecting to the screen... i bet the panel is shot.

Comment

I ruled it out as a panel problem , i saw some pictures of usual screen failure , and it looks really like what i have on mine. The shadow in the middle i mean. I cannot explain the ghosting on the left side tho, Could be just the symptom of a display going bad. I saw some people hook the 24volt supply on one of the side ribbons that fixed some of the issues like horizontal lines , but i dont think the shadow is fixable , so i just left it as is. Selling it for parts. Thanks for the response tho. Hopefully next one is fixable.

Comment

Could strip it down a little to get to the tabs, if applying a little pressure on the tabs clears it up, it could probably be shimmed. The tv/monitor I'm looking at right now was shimmed a couple years ago, had the dark/shadow/ghosting going on too.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-22-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X