• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer 4K monitor b286hk T-con connector problem

Hi,
    Acer b286hk monitor
    M280DGJ-XR30 T-Con board
    80 pin 0.5mm pitch t-con FRC

The monitor screen went white because the ribbon had scorched its connector on the t-con board. This might have been because of condensation inside the unit and the previous owner vaped a lot - there was a wd40 like substance on the inside case and board.
    I cleaned the ribbon and connector but the wires in the ribbon were damaged and after a week of use it went white screen again.
    Also, inspecting where the actual ribbon connector is soldered to the board, one of the solder pads where the individual ribbon wires connects was scorched/damaged. I think it might have lifted but have been unable to resolder it - indeed my failed attempt has now left it that the board underneath can be seen.
    Question - How to solve this?
    I could solder a wire onto the actual ribbon itself, scraping the plastic coating off the FRC and soldering low temperature so as not to burn the ribbon, but I can't work out where to then solder the other end of the jumper - the pad the wire connected to goes nowhere/connects to nothing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by beaches; 10-11-2020, 11:40 AM.

Re: Acer 4K monitor b286hk T-con connector problem

... got this wire soldered to the third from the right wire in, just need to know where to solder it now that the normal destination pad is out of action.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Comment

either that pad was just an empty pad, or that trace goes somehow under the connector. In this case you have to take the connector off and see where that trace goes.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
        either that pad was just an empty pad, or that trace goes somehow under the connector. In this case you have to take the connector off and see where that trace goes.
        Ok, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X