This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Can't remember the make of first computer but all you could do was play ping pong on it after which progressed to a Commodore 64 and Philips 2000. Still got these two, they still work and fun to go back to. I find computers more frustrating now than back then.
    Live in UK, been retired 14 years.

Hi to all

Comment

Hello all! My name's Johnatan, John for short. I've always found electronics fascinating and have tinkered with them for a while, mostly tube guitar amps. No background or studies except what I've learned on the web and with the help of more knowledgeable people. Well I hope I can continue learning more here and lending a helping hand whenever I can. It's nice to be "a-board".

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm John. I'm here to see about getting some help with a TV I'm trying to fix. Hopefully is a simple fix

Comment

Hi everyone, I've always enjoyed pulling things apart, so I thought I might start and try and fix things for a change. I'm here to get some help on my first attempt to fix a TV.

Comment

Hey all electronics fans, I stumbled upon this forum and I found out that there are a lot of fun and interesting things going on. I want part of it .

Comment

Hello all, "Knowledge Seeker" are the right words. I'm here to learn with you guys and girls mainly repairing Lcd's, Led tv's and Plasmas.

Comment

Hi all, will write something more and sort profile in a bit but i'm at work and clock off in about 1 minute, its hot and a cool beer awaits.

Comment

Hi All, Recently joined the forum, will gather info about my TV Plasma issue and see if can get help..

sdcolon

Comment

Hello, thanks for the join. been reading here on a plasma I am working on and have questions. everyone seems really knowledgeable and friendly. have a great day.

Comment

Hello guys, my name is Simon, I'm 29 and come from Slovenia. Ten years ago I started with computer repairs, mostly for friends and relatives, easy repairs like component replacement and such. About two years ago I started with more advanced repairs, mostly laptop GPU reballs. I know my way around with a DVM and soldering iron, I can read schematics to some point, but at this time I don't understand everything yet. I don't have a formal education in this field, I have learned everything by myself with the help of uncle Google. When I'm not repairing motherboards I read about electronics repair and develop websites (PHP and JavaScript). Someday when I am confident enough in my skills, I hope to turn this hobby of mine into a legitimate business.

Comment

Hello! My name is Don and I've been in the TV repair business since 1975. ( Yeah, that's a long time!) I'm always looking for info in the repair of lcd's, Led's and plasmas.

Comment

37 year old carpenter from North Carolina that likes to tinker. I was an auto technician for 12 years. I stumbled on this site when I was searching plasma TV lightning strike. Needless to say that's what happened. I started reading some post and decided to join and possibly learn something.

Comment

I'm a 37 year old carpenter/ex auto technician that likes to tinker. Plasma was struck by lightning and I started doing some searching and I read some interesting articles and decided to join and maybe learn something on accident

Comment

Hi to all forum members

Sometimes it is hard to introduce yourself because you know yourself so well that you do not know where to start with.

I am working in computer hardware field from last 13 years and recently started chip level repairs.

I hope I will get plenty of help from you all guys.

Comment

Hello all, Retired Army guy here. 1ST computer was a Compaq Presario pentium3. I thought it was a good computer until the 1st time calling customer service. They told me you bought a great computer because when you get a new one you will know how to fix everything that will go wrong with a computer! I fiddle with computers on the side for fun for family and friends, am now a truck dispatcher.

Comment

Greetings and Sanitations! Just picked up a 28 inch monitor with, guess what? Bad caps! Or at least I think it's bad caps. These screens are known for that problem and it matches the symptoms posted by others with the same screen.

I'm on a ridiculously tight budget, so instead of buying a pre-assembled kit with all of the caps in one handy package, I'm going to try to source the needed caps individually by size. For that, I'll probably need a bit of assistance from some of the crazy smart people I've seen in this place. This will be my first time attempting a PCB level hardware repair. And I haven't soldered in 10 years. This ought to be fun to watch, eh?

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm AJ, not new to forums just to this one because I've been using it lately to try to help myself get better with tv repairs. I already do computers, phones and other random electronics but recently have been trying tv repairs for personal and helping out some guys at work. I'm an electrical engineer or at least that's what my papers from school tell me. At work I'm more of a supervisor over the electrical jobs and a baby sitter some days... Hope I can be of some assistance and I already know you all will be very helpful for an eager learner!

Comment

Great forum for consultation, I am repairing a Toshiba TV and I read here has been very helpful.

Comment

Hi Don from Missouri
                                        Recently retired (3 weeks) ago From the food industry
                                        Was in electronics repair years ago (many years ago)
                                        I have a less than 2 year old LED TV that has quit on me that I would like to repair. so I've been reading all of the forums and learning that I don't know anything anymore.
                                        I would like to post what I have found so far and ask for help.

Love the forums just not smart enough to figure it out
                                        Don

Comment

Hi there! I am Roberto. I am currently studying to become a biomed-tech.
                                          For the most part of my life I worked in construction. Now I'm taking a knew carrier. I have to say I'm still getting familiar with electronics. Well thats a little bit from me, hope to get some help and good knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                          X