PHILIPS 40PFL7007 TV DEAD. D501 testing SHORT on DMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PHILIPS 40PFL7007 TV DEAD. D501 testing SHORT on DMM

hi there,,im not sure I understand your instructions..pls tell me again.??

Comment

To access the 2nd level diagnostics, unplug power cord, short circuit to ground the test point named SDM on main board, then plug the cord, keep the short until after 1 - 2 minutes the status led tells you the error code.. if 5 long 3 short, no good..

Comment

ok I will test this tomoro..thnx for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          To access the 2nd level diagnostics, unplug power cord, short circuit to ground the test point named SDM on main board, then plug the cord, keep the short until after 1 - 2 minutes the status led tells you the error code.. if 5 long 3 short, no good..
          Hi Davi P,
          I have just done the test and I get 5 slow blinks and 3 fast.So error 53.
          Seems very common.
          Also that diode seemed to be good after all..I dont really understand now it is showing OL both directions.
          Do I need to heat the chip with fingers crossed or is there an updated repair for this.?

Comment

What does no good" mean.? Impossible to repair.?

Comment

someone claimed he resolved by a good reflow, but usually needs at least a reballing..

Comment

are you talking about D501, I thought you tested out of circuit and got the beep in both directions, that means a BAD diode, OL in both directions ALSO means a BAD diode, they are like the easiest component to check, meter in diode mode and check, very easy.

Comment

Hi yes,,I DID test out of circuit and 100% the diode beeped in both directions with a reading 003.4 on the meter.
                  I did this a few times to confirm.
                  Then a few days later I tested the diode location and got exactly the same reding..However...when I retested the diode prior to resoldering to the board to take othr voltages it then showed OL in both directions. I dont get it.I definetely tested it not once but maybe 10 times initially.

Comment

I understand what you are saying sonys however this doesnt seem to be the standard diode.

Comment

Don't focalise on that diode, your problem is the processor, 100%, very common problem

Comment

whats the best process for this without having professional reballing equipment?

Comment

I don't want to explain again, search in my posts for the word aluminium or plate or reflow

Comment

Tv is now workng after heating the fusion chip with 250 setting on hot air machine for 2 mins..
                            chip gets warm as no heatsink attached so I will now add another layer of copper to the heatsink and replace and test to see if stable. Geez this board has a lot of flex..No wonder this is a common issue.

Comment

thnx Davi et al

Comment

Working...
                              X