Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha HTR 2064 surround stuck on mute

Hello Everyone!

After so many days!.. Finally back to begin with some interesting stuff I always love to work with.

If anybody can please assist me in correcting a problem with my Yamaha HTR-2064, which has its surround speakers stuck on mute.

Everything is working fine except the above. Troubleshooting so far has not yielded any result. So far comparing the voltages, show there is a 3.3v at the base of the transistors Q205 and Q206, which should be approx. minus 12. Other transistors base, of the muting circuit, shows -12v.

I have attached the service manual for reference, so if anyone has come across such a problem, it will be great if they can assist me further on this.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Hemant
    Attached Files

Re: Yamaha HTR 2064 surround stuck on mute

Q2203 (page78) must be turned on (or shorted), I suspect the cpu is telling N_S_MT to mute. Try a factory reset (page 21)
    Last edited by R_J; 08-27-2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Hey R_J,

Thank you for replying.

I have already changed this transistor from an old board though the older one was working. The replaced one is shows identical reading on the multimeter, with diode test.

CPU reset was performed already.

These are the only two channels showing this behavior, rest are fine.

Regards,
      Hemant.

Comment

Hi R_J,

The transistor was changed again but it made no difference. I can see some reading ( on the 2000 Kohm scale) across the capacitor C2260 which I think is keeping the voltage at 3.3 on the collector, as well.

I'll change that as well in some days, after getting the right size part and will write again.

Regards,
        Hemant

Comment

Hi All,

Yes, the culprit was the capacitor mentioned above.

Now the receiver is working fine.

Thank you all for reading this post and your assistance R_J.

Regards,
          Hemant

Comment

Working...
          X