Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SUHD UN65JS850DF Dim in the Middle Brighter on left / right

Hi there folks,
    Not sure if any of you have experience with this specific TV, it looks great, but as I'm watching looks like the center of the screen is a bit dimmer than the sides.

I see that ShopJimmy has 4 edge strips for this TV, and I'm wondering do they go 2 on each side? or does this TV have top / bottom LED strips also?

Haven't taken it apart yet, as I really don't know if it's a problem. Would appreciate the opinion of those who have this TV, or have worked on it before and can help.

Thanks again.

Re: Samsung SUHD UN65JS850DF Dim in the Middle Brighter on left / right

This tv is lit from the sides like you said. Leds could help but not sure.

I have the same problem on another tv I’m wondering if it might be the diffuser as the picture is bright white on the sides but gets a dirty white in the middle. Haven’t taken it apart yet to find out though

Comment

Ignore vertical line in picture.. just flash. But the brightness on both sides seems very noticeable. This has never been opened, so I don't know what could cause this in the diffuser. I might open this up also..
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, took it apart, and though all LEDs light up, the light is fairly dim and blue'ish - as you've typically seen on other LG and Samsung defective LEDs. I can replace all, but I got this TV without One Connect or Remote, by the time I get everything replaced, it will be few hundred dollars in the hole, so I'm parting it out. Anything anyone needs

Comment

This tv is supposed to have bluish leds. They are not bad
          It’s a quantum dot tv. They use blue leds and one of the diffuser sheets is yellow. When it hits that yellow sheet it turns bright white. Actually kinda cool to see.

Those are “hotspots” where is brighter on the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
            It's a quantum dot tv. They use blue leds and one of the diffuser sheets is yellow. When it hits that yellow sheet it turns bright white. Actually kinda cool to see.

These blue lights with yellow diffuser sheet, is much better than the old way they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
              It's a quantum dot tv. They use blue leds and one of the diffuser sheets is yellow. When it hits that yellow sheet it turns bright white. Actually kinda cool to see.

I see.. are these "hotspots" fixable? I'm assuming not by design?

Comment

You can tape over the leds and onto the edge of the plexiglass. Tape need to be thin as the bezel has to snap into place over it and sit properly.

Comment

Working...
                X