X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logitech Z506 power supply

Originally posted by melih View Post
    What im gonna do now i dont know
    Describe your problem, please. What you have done, how it stops working and etc.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Originally posted by televizora View Post
      Describe your problem, please. What you have done, how it stops working and etc.
      Now i installed Dell Laptop Adapter wich is 19.5 volt 3,34a now working properly but after 3-4 hours need to cooldown 5-10 min so after i can use without problems. On board there is STA540 modules maybe getting too hot i dont know. Others looking fine.
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you have or can you get freezer spray? That can help find an overheating issue.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

The STA540 has integrated thermal cutoff at 150C.
          The temperature is extremely high for normal operation.
          Use IR thermometer to measure the temperature.
          Check voltages to the STA540.
          Almost all the time, this kind of malfunctions are due to bad STA/STK/TDA amplifier chip.
          150C is not too hot. It's almost melting the solder.
          Boards with amplifier IC-s are pretty simple. Almost always it's the STA/STK/TDA fault.
          Last edited by televizora; 12-19-2020, 03:20 PM.
          Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
          1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Hell guys now i refreshed thermal paste on the aluminum board and plus i addes fan inside the box lets what will happen if it continue like that im gonna change both chips. Hopefully its not goes this way Thank a lot i didint feel alone on this way I forgot to take photos but i used old model 12 vold DC fan along with Pentium 4 aluminum case fan is turning fast but not so fast im gonna test it.
            Last edited by melih; 12-19-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Hell guys now i refreshed thermal paste on the aluminum board and plus i addes fan inside the box lets what will happen if it continue like that im gonna change both chips. Hopefully its not goes this way Thank a lot i didint feel alone on this way I forgot to take photos but i used old model 12 vold DC fan along with Pentium 4 aluminum case fan is turning fast but not so fast im gonna test it.
              Don't run 12V fan at 19V. Also, my first suggestion would have been ghetto mod with a fan.
              But wanted to approach the problem intelligently.

Comment

Don't run 12V fan at 19V. Also, my first suggestion would have been ghetto mod with a fan.
                But wanted to approach the problem intelligently.
                How i can downgrade 19 volt to 12 volt i could do i searched but didint understand from pages or selling some products has eligible to adjust voltage exit.

Comment

Result is same guys im gonna buy freezer spray and test it which one get defected.

Comment

Result is same guys im gonna buy freezer spray and test it which one get defected.
                    This is not a bad idea, but you can also find the faulty one with IR termometer or multimeter with K type temperature probe.
                    How i can downgrade 19 volt to 12 volt i could do i searched but didint understand from pages or selling some products has eligible to adjust voltage exit.
                    You either use 7812 Voltage regulator or resistor divider or just a second 12V power adapter. Or if you prefer buck converter.
                    Last edited by televizora; 12-19-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

This is not a bad idea, but you can also find the faulty one with IR termometer or multimeter with K type temperature probe.

You either use 7812 Voltage regulator or resistor divider or just a second 12V power adapter. Or if you prefer buck converter.
                      Actually before i can able to buy 12v adapter but here some people try with higher voltage i dont know at home im gonna check there is some 12v adapter

Comment

Hi, Forum now i found replacement power supply for same sound system here is details this one dont have malfunctions and output is 16,7 volt. Is it correct.

Comment

Here update guys i Fixed the power supply with almost same qualifications but somehow my bass quality dropped other amfi system works fine just bass not satisfying my requirements

Comment

Working...
                          X