X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xfinity router advice?

Hi folks i have a rented wireless TG862,see link bellow
    https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/dev...ris-tg862g-421

I want to get my own router and get rid of the 10 bucks+tax a month but i want it with just Internet+phone modem combo i actually have my own wireless router that i use cause the Tg862 doesn't work right with most of old wireless pc with win xp and Ubuntu,i'm checking out if this router see bellow link;if this is any good,or is there a better and reliable router with same characteristics that i can get a better internet cable connect for streaming live tv in high definition on my PC and android tv box,thanks

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/dev...ear-cm500v-629
    Last edited by ivtec; 10-01-2017, 02:54 PM.

Re: Xfinity router advice?

I *think* I had that model for 10 months then is started getting flaky(TG862). Kept dropping my internal LAN (both wired and wi-fi). I had tech come out, on their dime, and they replaced it, twice. The first one wouldn't connect voice despite being new-inbox. The second one is working fine and it's the Arris TG1682G.

I connect on the LAN side at 1Gb through a netgear 10/100/1000 8-port switch. Giga-lan on cat5e?!! BTW, I have the 'blast' internet package with 200Mb. Speedtest says I'm running 225Mb down/12 up......

Personally, I'd rent the gateway. If it dies or any inside wiring is bad, they fix it at no cost. You can bridge this gateway and add additional access points through the 4 LAN ports.
    Last edited by delaware74b; 10-01-2017, 07:42 PM.
    Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

Originally posted by delaware74b View Post
      Personally, I'd rent the gateway.
      Negotiate. I have triple play (TV, Internet and land line phone) with one provider and was able to negotiate away the rental costs.

When I didn't have triple play, it was cheaper to buy the modem/router than pay $10/month after 8 months.

When my provider went and raised rates, I phoned and was able to negotiate/get a "loyalty" gesture and get some $$$ off my monthly bill.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi guys thanks i decided to get my own router,this one,

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...82a1f98d9b.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X