Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN39FH5000FXZA (Ver. PF03) Component Identification

Hi!

I have a Samsung UN39FH5000FXZA Ver PF03. I was working on the PSU and removed QM806, but the chip was destroyed.

I didn't get pics before the removal, but it was unreadable anyway. I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is supposed to go there.

The PSU is BN44-00666A. I just had one of these BN44-00666A PSUs as well and I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of the first one before working on this second one.
    Attached Files
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Re: Samsung UN39FH5000FXZA (Ver. PF03) Component Identification

Looks like it might be the Advanced Power Electronics Corp AP9967GH-HF POWER MOSFET.

Now I need to find a compatible one that DigiKey or Mouser (preferable at DigiKey) that I can order. Anyone want to help me find one?

I've uploaded the datasheet for the suspected MOSFET and will post any MOSFETs I find that I believe are compatible. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

I can find a MOSFET on DigiKey with a Continuious Drain Current of 10A or 40A.

One appears to be the same package, TO-252-3 (TK10S04K3L(T6L1NQ-ND)) but that has the Continuous Drain Current of 10A.

The 40A one is:
      HAT2171H-EL-E-ND

But that is the wrong package type. SC-100, SOT-669

Comment

Does this pic help? I'm actually troubleshooting this inverter board myself, I only get high voltage to 1 of the 3 LED strips with the LEDs connected. I tried mesuring voltage without the LEDs connected but I don't get voltage described like on YouTube. Sorry I'm a neuf. Working on Samsung UN40EH5000F. Can you help me?
        Attached Files

Comment

Can I use an AOD4186 as a compatible replacement?
          Attached Files

Comment

The fet is there to switch the B5.3v which is rated on the board as 1.2 amps the AO4186 should handle that no problem

Comment

So real quick like. The LED strips are bad. I have a Rigol DP832 3-channel programmable power supply that can provide up to 30V/3A per channel, except the one, which provides up to 5V/3A.

I want to test these strips, but if one LED is bad, only half the string will light, and I do not want to fry the rest. These, I believe, are 3V diffused LEDs. My programmable PSU allows me to set Over Current Protection and Over Voltage Protection. Is there a safe way to use the PSU to test the LED strips without risking frying the good LEDs?

In this set, the strips are one 12 LED strip, and two 13 LED strips. I could set the meter to 240mA OCP, but if half the strips don't light, I'm afraid that will fry the other half. If I set it to 120mA, I don't think it'd be enough to activate the LEDs. Any suggestions? I know people can buy LED testers, but I was hoping to use what I have at hand and not purchase extra equipment, if it wasn't necessary, at this point.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                The fet is there to switch the B5.3v which is rated on the board as 1.2 amps the AO4186 should handle that no problem
                Thanks! That worked like a charm. Now I have to replace the LED strips.

Comment

Amps stay the same regardless of how many LEDs there are,
                  Set your supply to 200-300mA and 18V and test the LEDs in groups of 6 if you are able.

Comment

How hard is it to replace the individual LEDs? I do not know how to test in groups of 6, but I will take a closer look at the strips. I have a good set of 3 strips from a bad Samsung TV that had a cracked panel. The bad one has the same number of LEDs on the strips, 40" instead of 39", but the LEDs aren't aligned up the same way, and the strips are a little different in length. I was thinking of trying to replace the individual bad LEDs or maybe just switch all the LEDs manually.

Guy who brought me it doesn't want to pay 45$ plus shipping and taxes on a set of new strips. He is bringing me lots of TVs, I am fixing them, he's selling them, and then we split the money, and right now, that seems to be working good.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                      Amps stay the same regardless of how many LEDs there are,
                      Set your supply to 200-300mA and 18V and test the LEDs in groups of 6 if you are able.
                      Yeah, but let's say one or two of the 6 are out. At 18V, with two out, would none of the six light up, or would the four working ones light up with a vF of 4.5VDC, possibly frying the LEDs?

Comment

I use my 30v 3A power supply to test strips. I often have to measure parts of the strip at a time due to the low voltage. They are usually in series, I've yet to blow one but as I'm there fitting replacements, it wouldn't matter if I did.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                          I use my 30v 3A power supply to test strips. I often have to measure parts of the strip at a time due to the low voltage. They are usually in series, I've yet to blow one but as I'm there fitting replacements, it wouldn't matter if I did.
                          Do you replace all of the LEDs? I've been replacing the entire strips, but sometimes, it's too costly. I thought about attempting to replace the individual LEDs. I was thinking I would have to replace all of them so they're the same brightness.

I have a Weller WHP3000 pre-heater, a Weller WHA-900 Hot Air rework station. I was hoping I could use both (or maybe just the pre-heater) to replace them. The preheater temp I believe goes hot enough.

Comment

I just replace the bad ones. I run the TV at full brightness for a couple of hours to test the others then put eh screen back on.
                            I use a hot plate.

Comment

Don't the old LEDs shine at a different brightness than the new ones? Or isn't it normally noticable?

For what it's worth, I replaced the MOSFET, but some of the LEDs are bad. Owner doesn't want to pay for new strips (I think they're around 45$ + shipping and taxes from ShopJimmy). He said we'll just keep the TV for parts. I am very tempted to try replacing the individual LEDs. I feel like I burned the one strip out though. From now on, I will just start at a very low voltage and slowly work my way up. I was doing the way you where doing it Diif. Powering the entire strip at 30V 3A.

Comment

Testing an entire strip at once is a corner-cutting method of testing.

If they all work, that's great. But if they don't light up, then you have to test them all individually anyway.

You should set your power supply to 3V and choose a suitable current limit (like 100mA or less) that will light the LED but not drive it too hard and risk burning it out.

Then just gently scratch a small area of the solder mask (enough to expose the copper trace) on either side of the LED under test (for + and -) with your probes. Then move on to the next one, and the next one, etc.

Very little risk of damaging anything or burning anything out. and very little risk of slipping your probes at 30V and ruining something.

Note that not all LEDs are 3V, and some need less voltage so be mindful to re-adjust your power supply voltage and current limits for each different TV.
                                Last edited by Unspun01; 03-22-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                                  Testing an entire strip at once is a corner-cutting method of testing.

If they all work great. But if they don't light you have to test them all individually anyway.

You should set your power supply to 3V and choose a suitable current limit (like 100mA or less) that will light the LED but not drive it too hard and risk burning it out.

Then just gently scratch a small area of the solder mask (enough to expose the copper trace) on either side of the LED under test (for + and -) with your probes. Then move on to the next one, and the next one, etc.

Very little risk of damaging anything or burning anything out. and very little risk of slipping your probes at 30V and ruining something.

Note that not all LEDs are 3V, and some need less voltage so be mindful to re-adjust your power supply voltage and current limits for each different TV.
                                  Yeah, I think I am going to try testing individually and replacing just the bad ones. In the past, it didn't matter much, because if any strip was bad, I would replace all of them. That gets a little costly though.

Also, I always try to figure out the specs on the strips first. It seems all the Samsung ones that I've ran across have a vF of 3V. I still look them up before testing, just in case.

I have some bad strips I will pratice on. Thanks for the info!
                                  Last edited by Spork Schivago; 03-22-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Yes, replacing all strips can be more expensive, but it limits re-work if you only replace a few LEDs but there happen to be more marginal LEDs waiting to fail in that same TV.

I repaired a 46" Samsung TV like that one time. I replaced the only one single LED that was burned out in the whole TV (it prevented the whole TV from turning on)... One LED was a easy fix and much cheaper than trying to replace the whole strip, or all strips.

It worked great for me for a month with intermittent viewing so I decided it was reliable enough to sell. I even offered 30 days warranty on the TV to the buyer.

In a month another LED in a different spot failed.. So I fixed it.

Then a few weeks later another LED failed.

That TV was a piece of shit.

I ended up convincing him to exchange it with me for an older 50" ccfl LCD TV I had with the same features that was just as good but not an LED piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                                      Yes, replacing all strips can be more expensive, but it limits re-work if you only replace a few LEDs but there happen to be more marginal LEDs waiting to fail in that same TV.

I repaired a 46" Samsung TV like that one time. I replaced the only one single LED that was burned out in the whole TV (it prevented the whole TV from turning on)... One LED was a easy fix and much cheaper than trying to replace the whole strip, or all strips.

It worked great for me for a month with intermittent viewing so I decided it was reliable enough to sell. I even offered 30 days warranty on the TV to the buyer.

In a month another LED in a different spot failed.. So I fixed it.

Then a few weeks later another LED failed.

That TV was a piece of shit.

I ended up convincing him to exchange it with me for an older 50" ccfl LCD TV I had with the same features that was just as good but not an LED piece of shit.
                                      Hrmm. This is something I need to think about. I noticed with most of the TVs, especially the Samsungs, ShopJimmy doesn't have the same LED strips available, but a compatible strip. Do you guys think maybe they do that some times because the original LED strips have LEDs that don't last as long as the newer strips? They're usually higher part numbers.

Unspun01, do you feel if you had replaced all the LEDs, that Samsung TV wouldn't have been as much of a POS?

Comment

Shopjimmy is a well reputed company that cannot risk selling questionable used parts because they would have to frequently offer money back on high failure parts and they are in the money-making business not the money-giving-back business...lol... I'm not surprised they are selling new replacement strips rather than used parts if they are not comfortable offering warranty on the parts... or have been burned with too many returns.

No, in retrospect I still would not have replaced all the leds. But I would not have dismissed the TV as only having one bad LED from the start.

That tv taught me 4 things:

1) I should have set the backlight and brightness way down in menu.

2) I should have told the buyer not to change my settings - instead he turned them all the way up...lol

3) Because it's a Samsung I would install current limiting resistors in the wiring for the LED strings to reduce the "actual" current seen by the LEDs regardless of the backlight and brightness settings in the menu.

4) I've learned that LEDs that are ready to fail often discolor or have cracking in their optical window and I can use a high power magnifier to see thru the diffuser to partially assess the condition and replace an LED that may be ready to fail.

Comment

Working...
                                        X