Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apple ][+ Astec power supply

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
    2N1136A: made in 1973 (as far as I can guess)
    466 103-9: made in 1972 (same deal)
    The 466-103-9 makes sense, I see the usual format on the bottom (international format)

And the 2N1136A looks like different type of format, without the usual four characters. Reminds me of Intel, where the year number is often just the last digit of the year manufactured in.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-19-2019, 05:36 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

The reasons why I think 1973 is because:
      1. Germanium power transistors have not been made for decades.
      2. Bendix has been gone for decades.
      3. I think 1963 is a bit too old for the transistor, but it's possible.

Comment

heres a awful youtube video to celebrate the Rifa caps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hjnAc55lDQ
        My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Too many burst RIFAs. Why haven't I seen any dead WIMAs...

Incidentally the BUW44 probably could work as a replacement for the PSU, it should switch at 200KHz, sustains 400V, 6A... This 200KHz is probably pretty close to the Ft though its gain is still apparently 5 at this given frequency test condition.

Comment

be interesting to put a frequency counter near one of those old designs.
            just holding it over the transformer should be enough to lock on.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              be interesting to put a frequency counter near one of those old designs.
              just holding it over the transformer should be enough to lock on.
              I don't think they were fixed frequency. That said, they were normally above 20KHz, so they would not be audible, and bipolar transistors limited the practical maximum switch frequency to around 50KHz.

Not only are the turn-on and turn-off times of bipolar transistors slower than for MOSFETs, but there is also a turn-off delay called "Storage Time". If all those delay times are too great a % of the period, the useful on time (and range of control) is limited and the % of time when the device is dissipating power becomes too great.
              PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
              To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
              X