Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 42pf3331 and 42Pfl5603d/12

Okay, here are my two problems:
    The 42pf331 does after a while (sometimes 30mins, sometimes not at all) produce a high pitch noise, 18-20kHz region.

i was told this could be the core of a drossle vibrating. My plan is to glue em all when i open it. Suggestions?

Second issue:
    The other TV usually needs 4-6 attempts to start before the backlight lights up. The sound is OK, and after reading here, I understand that it is possible that its just the backlight not working. I have not tested this with a flashlight, as the tv is on now and will only produce the issue when it has been turned off for some time.

I tried upgrading the firmware, as this solved a friends issues (same as mine), but it did not work.

What info do you need from me now?

(no need for low tech-talk, I know my way around )

Thanx!

Re: Philips 42pf3331 and 42Pfl5603d/12

Originally posted by Tohatsu View Post
    Okay, here are my two problems:
    The 42pf331 does after a while (sometimes 30mins, sometimes not at all) produce a high pitch noise, 18-20kHz region.

i was told this could be the core of a drossle vibrating. My plan is to glue em all when i open it. Suggestions?

Second issue:
    The other TV usually needs 4-6 attempts to start before the backlight lights up. The sound is OK, and after reading here, I understand that it is possible that its just the backlight not working. I have not tested this with a flashlight, as the tv is on now and will only produce the issue when it has been turned off for some time.

I tried upgrading the firmware, as this solved a friends issues (same as mine), but it did not work.

What info do you need from me now?

(no need for low tech-talk, I know my way around )

Thanx!
    Split the second TV into a second thread. It doesn't cost much, and saves a lot of confusion.

Next a single picture of each TV. We want to see the back so we can direct you if we need additional pictures. Make the pictures as close to 2000 x 2000 pixels as possible without going over. Attach them using 'Manage Attachments' - below the test entry area.

As for the noise in the 42pf3331, use the core from a roll of towels or a similar tube as a rudimentary telescope to isolate the source of the sound.

I know I'm going to hate myself for this, but have you considered the problem with the 42Pfl5603d/12 might be bad caps?

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
    X