WaveTek Synthesized Function Generator Model 288 20Hz to 20Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WaveTek Synthesized Function Generator Model 288 20Hz to 20Mhz

Well haven't been able to update this post for a while. Was out riding one morning and the horse desided the bush beside the trail was a monster and gave me a toss on to some rocks. got busted up pritty good. but all most backup to running speed again. at least I can use my right hand again.
    Anyway LongBow you can say I told you so. changed out bad caps and it didn't cure the proble. I haven't been ate the bench much, To hard to sit for any period of time. hopefully I can get back to it soon. This layimng around is killing me, dam boarging it is
    Sorry for the ill timed event but horses are like that, but i love to ride, and i can't think of a better way to spend a beatiful morning.
    PS:Longbow! I think Im going to go right to the out put board.
    Life is full of little inconveniences

Comment

Let me just say a word about troubleshooting. Unless you have already fixed 500 model 288's, or anything else for that matter, you must have a METHOD. In other words, don't start replacing capacitors until you verify that the unit is plugged in. Great! you have checked the main power supplies. Note that there are other secondary supplies close to various circuits throughout, so you are not done with the supplies. With such a great manual to work with, it shouldn't be a problem. I would say offhand go to the page marked "Schematic Phase Lock Loop" Sheet 4 of 5. Do you have a triangle wave at F01 C7 which is labeled "triangle out"? If so, move forward. If not, move back. Simple. Instructive.
      Last edited by Longbow; 06-20-2016, 12:53 PM.
      Is it plugged in?

Comment

Originally posted by rlb245 View Post
        Ill give you a shout if this cures it
        Were you able to get the Wavetek 288 up and running? Do you go through the calibration steps. I have a the same unit and have not been able to make the adjustments to correctly set the amplitude output. I have been using the manual available pretty much everywhere, and also a military version of the manual from radionerds that is much clearer but may have incorrect adjustment procedures.

Comment

Working...
        X