2016-08-15
    GPU N17E-G2-A1

Bios File send please ...

Re: Dell Alienware M17 R4 Bios Help LA-D751P

check this
    Attached Files

Comment

Whats your issue with the mobo? I fixed one of these before....mint condition but GPU card temp sensor was fried. I found a workaround. Is it black screen?

Comment

dont have pc here right now, but problem was told to be a no backlight on lcd with dim image on the back.

Comment

thank you cpu problem 0 ohm cpu dead
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rager007; 01-02-2018, 01:47 AM.

Comment

MB with 7 beeps. I mesured 0 ohms on CPU.I programmed the EEPROM and board working fine now. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here is mine after dell changed my board it has no service tag nor id or windows slp built in. But perfect for repairing. Its a 1.50 version and ME cleaned already. Have fun.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention its from a BAP20 board with GTX1080 8GB bit vbios is irrelevant as its in a separate chip.

Comment

Hello, I hope someone is able to help with my situation
                  I have an Alienware 17 R4 with BIOS password set that I can’t get past. I purchased a SOP8 SOIC8 Test Clip and CH341A 24 25 Series EEPROM Flash BIOS USB Programmer. Used CH341A USB Programmer 1.30 running in Windows.
                  • BIOS Chip ver: WinBond 25Q128FVSG 1534
                  • Motherboard Model: LA-D751P
                  • I downloaded all the Alienware 17 R4 BIOS dumbs from this forum thread and tried each doing an Erase, Blank then Write with each. Each resulted in same thing. PC doesn’t do anything anymore. Now Power button lights blue for about 3 sec. then goes out and then power button lights red for about a second and goes out. This repeats continuously. I get nothing on the screen. I tried rewriting the original BIOS saved from an initial Read I created and it appears the PC is bricked.
                  BINs that I tried.
                  • LA-D751P_W25Q128_ClearME.bin
                  • Alienware 17 R4 LA-D751P REV1.0 N17E-G2-A1 UH4 W25Q128.BIN
                  • Alienware_17_R4_CN0TGW8WXXXXXXXVXXXXA00_w25q128fv_ME_Cleaned_NoSTAG_noW10.BIN

I hope someone can suggest a solution. Any help is appreciated

Comment

Better not use a SOIC clip, but rather desolder the chip to program it.
                    Send you original dump.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

full system dump(s) from alienware 17 R4 LA-D751P

having an issue with an alienware 17 R4 and various LED error codes.

attached are dumps from all SOIC8 chips on MLB

UE2
                      UG13
                      UG15
                      UH4
                      UT2

not sure if these files are good, but here they are
                      Attached Files
                      This isn't Monaco... This is Baghdad

Comment

Re: full system dump(s) from alienware 17 R4 LA-D751P

Try these https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n5x...AwxEQV_gH/view

Your UE2 has no code in it,its blank. If UG13 is still giving you problems writing to it then replace the chip.
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i looked up the data sheet of the 1mb winbond chip and it says 1.8v, which i assumed was why the write started off fine and then errored out at some point... but then i look and UG15 is same chip and i wrote that fine... i didn't bother to look up the gigadevice chip, but i'm assuming it may be 1.8v also and i was able to write to it.

anyway thanks, i'll order a new chip and replace. thankfully it's soic8 because wson doesn't always work out for me lolol.

thanks!
                          This isn't Monaco... This is Baghdad

Comment

Hi Gentlemen,

I have an AW17R4 (i7-7820HK + GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5) which has "NO DISPLAY" issue. Previous owner was tried to replace thermal pads after that operation it could not display anything on display and no beeps also. Tecnhical Service reflashed Bios Chip but no success.

I am a skilled engineer and i will desolder to reflash all Flash EEPROM chips but need full system ic dump files in case if i can find the correct files.

UE2
                            UG13
                            UG15
                            UH4
                            UT2

Can i use @SMDFlea's Dumb Files?
                            Do you think these are OK for reflashing following Flash ROMS ?

Is updating provided flash files enough for booting system properly of course if there is no any other problem on the MB?

What about Service Tag, Serial Numbers or etc any other sensitive informations which (most probably) needs to be patched to the Dumb files before updating the Flash ROMs?
                            Is there any special modification necessary on dumb files before updating/flashing to the system chips?

I will full back-up/dump actual system's original ROM files before updating the chips and share with for your advise after your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
                            Kind regards

Comment

Alienware 17 r4

Hello.. i had posted in another thread about bios for this mobo and a nice person posted the file but i don't believe it's the proper one for my board.. When i go to flash it, it says the file is too big for the chip..
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85828

So.. i did a search found a webpage with 5 more bins to try, but no joy.. same cpu not detected issue which i know is the bios since it died during the bios flash originally.

Here is a copy of the newest bios from dell for this laptop.. Can anyone explain how to convert it to a bin? I extracted the rom but i think there is more needed than just renaming it..
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8wtbqpt8z...1.9.0.EXE?dl=0

Thanks guys.. BTW..
                              The mobo is a BAP 10 LA-D751P on the heatsink it says 85w-nv-e1-g2.. Not sure how much ID is needed.. The dell service tag is 826c0g2

P.S. this laptop came with 2 different cpus, skylake and kaby.. not sure which this particular laptop has though.

P.P.S. the chip is a 25Q80DVSIG which comes up as an 8mb chip.. i see some bios files for this are 16mb though?
                              Last edited by icetech; 07-06-2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Re: Alienware 17 r4

Better you post your old dump

try this : https://www.alisaler.com/dell-alienw...g2-a1-bios-ec/
                                Last edited by lapfix; 07-06-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

k give me a sec... the machine started a bios flash.. went black then sat there for like 10 mins then shut off.. i don't think the file will help much. gimme a min and thank you.

Here ya go.
                                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8bdqd3o28...0bios.bin?dl=0

BTW.. i'm trying to learn how to do this for the future if i need it.. when dell flashes a bios does it only flash the bios chip or can it screw something else? i have tried 4 different bios files supposedly for this mobo and got the same result.
                                  Last edited by icetech; 07-06-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

BTW.. i do have the original bios_img.rcv file from what's supposed to be the built in file recovery from this machine if that would help.

Comment

The file you posted is not a bios dump ( 1 mega ! )

when dell flashes bios , it only flash bios region , one of others regios in the bios chip
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 07:16 AM. Reason: dead link deleted

Comment

I did try the files from Alisaler.. same issue.. BTW.. his files names are pretty much the same except like UT2 or UG15.. not sure what those designations mean. but my bios chip has UT2 under it so i assume that would be the proper one.

Comment

Working...
                                        X