Re: Samsung UN70NU6070F power cycle.

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
    Just the 1 cable. Not both
    And yes, your just blocking the signal with the tape
    Ok sounds good. I'll get a magnifying glass and try again tonight

Comment

Hi, any update on this issue?

I have a Samsung MU7079 (Mainboard BN41-02570B / BN94-12538S) and can confirm that the tape actually does work. It was in fact hard to believe However, I haven't managed to fully solve the issue. The picture is back but there are still black lines on the screen. I tried some trial and error but I'm wondering how I find out which pin actually needs to be blocked. How do I know it is pin 4, 5 or 6 or maybe 10&11? There surely must be some methodological way to find the right pin(s)?

Thanks

Comment

I followed your lead to cover some pins in the ribbon cable with masking tape and finally managed to have the image reappear onto the entire screen without lines! To celebrate, I went to play a movie and noticed that it's colourized only on the right half of the screen but the left side has a black and white tinge to it! Did I cover up too many pins? If you know which to uncover, I'd be doing it or is it all trial and error?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII

Comment

I am also having the same issue with a Samsung UN70NU6070F.

TV power cycles when connected normally.

When I mask pins, particularly in the range of 15-24 I get a bunch of mixed results, the number on the left below are the pins that are masked when I conducted each test, as I moved along I removed one pin at a time and then observed the effect.

It goes like this:

15-25 - good image but missing/low red on left of screen
            15-24 - unmasked pin 25 - better reds on left (not perfect) but lines through image (banding)
            15-23 - unmasked pin 24 - More lines reds still low on left
            15-22 - unmasked pin 23 - reds pretty good but lines through the image
            16-22 - unmasked pin 15 - power cycles
            17-22 - unmasked pin 16 - picture back but lots of lines
            18-22 - unmasked pin 17 - reds cutting in and out and lots of static lines
            18-21 - unmasked pin 22 - Lots of static lines
            19-21 - unmasked pin 18 - Lots of static, intermittent reds
            19-20 - unmasked pin 21 - power cycles
            20 - unmasked pin 19 - power cycles

BUT, if I do as was mentioned in a previous post of disconnecting the right side ribbon completely off the main board with no pins masked, turn on the TV then connect the ribbon everything is perfect, great picture, no lines. So it is definitely something in the detection on startup causing the power cycle. But I've gone through each pin now, perhaps there is a magic combination but that a lot of splicing hair thin strips of kapton tape.

Does anyone have a schematic of what the actual pins are? The board doesn't seem to show any legend.

Comment

Working...
            X