Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC Impact Twin mods

That's very helpful.

If I understand correctly then, at initial power-on, if the digital supply doesn't spin up, the MCU will never boot, and therefore the analogue supply will never activate. This would explain why neither switching supply is spinning up.

I therefore first need to understand why the digital supply isn't spinning up. Looking at the schematic, it appears that the switched 3.3V output rail is what provides the shunt regulator feedback for the digital supply switcher. I'll first check the output filter caps C518, C517, C576 and C575, and then go from there.

Comment

At least in the bigger Konnekt 48's, the 3.3V output caps crapping out DO impede them from booting. Or best case, they go into this "hiccup" mode, where they start to boot, but the 3.3V rail collapses, undervoltage / brown-out protection kicks in, rinse & repeat.
      Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Where is this full schematic?

Comment

Which "full schematic" do you mean?
          Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

To interface that one member post one page only. Impact Twin. I need the reference of "IC18".
            Thanks

Comment

There is no schematic for the Impact Twin. The internal power supplies are similar (if not identical) to the ones in the Konnekt 48 though.

What chip (as in, what role it plays) is IC18?

Comment

Its a octo/ photo acoplator.nobody has this diagram?

Comment

PHOTOTRANSISTOR OPTOCOUPLERS
                  Sorry for my english, but is not this component. Its IC18.
                  I need the schematic.

Comment

IC18 in my "sacrificial" Konnekt 8 (same board as the Konnekt 24 and Impact Twin) is indeed a 6N137 optocoupler.

Why exactly do you need "the schematic", though?

Comment

Because the component its not in the board and I need repair this interface.

Comment

Thank you Khron, I will buy 6n137

Comment

Do you know what that component is used for? And is that the (only) problem with that interface, that needs repairing?

Comment

I dont. This component is near to the power supply and some outputs, but I neither stop to pay attention on what function this have. I will replace and after problably I will have to change some caps.

Comment

Well... If you DID do a bit more research, you might have discovered that the IC18, a 6N137 (8-pin optocoupler) is actually dealing with the MIDI connectors, and has nothing to do with any power supply.

I'm really sorry if this sounds rude, but... Do you actually have any idea what you're doing?

It might be a LOT more constructive if you maybe described what problem(s) you're having with your Impact Twin, and we could start from there. But then again, that's just me, i have a thing about logic and making sense...

Comment

Phisically the IC is near to the entering of power, I only said this and ask for somebody to tell me a single component that is lacking in the board. I thank you for your help with this. I will replace the component and after this I will search others problem that the device may have.
                                Last edited by LUCAS CAMPANI; 04-26-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

��

Comment

Comment

Right, so just because a component happens to be near other components, it needs to be replaced... And whatever problem you're having, is still a secret

I hope you'll understand if noone provides you any meaningful help.

Have fun shotgunning all the parts on the board... because reasons

Comment

Working...
                                      X