dell 2007wfp bad caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell 2007wfp bad caps.

So i have a dell 2007wfp which i bought in 2007 new and i been using it till this day as a 3rd monitor and i been having issues with it. Like sometimes it would flicker till it warms up and usely would be fine but it gotten worse over time.

When i woke up today i noticed the screen was off and there was nothing even displaying on the screen even when shining a flash light too it but its getting power.

So i took it apart and man its a pain in the ass but i got too the inverted board were the lcd plugs into and i found 3 bulge caps 25v 220f not as bad as i saw on other lcds but they are bulge on top.

heres the pic. http://prntscr.com/j4fplg

Now the lcd does have tons and i mean tons of hours on it so im worrying a bit if the lcd panel died too? Or do you think replacing those caps will bring it back too life? Will a inverter cause it not too show a image at all? cause i know on laptop screens when a inverter goes out it still will show a image on the screen when shining a flash light on it.

I fixed lcd tvs in the pass and all it took was replacing the caps.

Thank you

Re: dell 2007wfp bad caps.

If you posted nice clear high definition photos of your 2 boards (both sides) on this site that would help a lot! Could be those caps that as the brand Elite is not very good, so I would change all caps on the power board.

But let's see those pics so that we can help you better.

Comment

update i changed out those 3 bad caps and still have the same issue. but i do see a very dark image now with a flash light but on this screen you need too put it right on the screen too see anything..

i will post 2 nice clear high definition photos later when my phone charges up cause that takes nice photos.

but at the moment im kinda thinking its the ccfls:/ while the caps are bulge they probably was still working.. really sucks cause this has the s-ips panel and it beats every screen i had in viewing angles..

i don't see any other issues with the inverter board and its getting 19vs at the fuse on it so its getting power from the psu board everything looks ok on the usb board which from reading up on this monitor it also is a psu too power everything like the invertor which is indeed getting 19vs from it so i would say thats ok too.

i saw this post also https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8603 which he says he got the inveter too run and power the ccfls by soldering a LED too ground from pin 10 on the oz964gn pwm controller chip? Does he mean a wire from pin 10 than too a LED meaning led bulb than somewhere too ground?

he did have issues after that tho.. but some other guy did it and the bulbs was flickering which means a problem with the cfls but fixed it by running a lower brightness. that would also tell me the real issue whats going on.
      Last edited by gordesky1; 04-17-2018, 04:31 AM.

Comment

You say you fixed LCD TV's in the past, so maybe you have an ESR meter. I can tell from your photos that the 3 bulged caps are Elite brand which is not a very good brand. It happened to me on a Benq monitor with Elite caps, some were not bulged but they had high ESR, so I change them all, including the big one.

Let's see those photos.....

Comment

Working...
        X