Isotech ISR440 Scope lives again maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isotech ISR440 Scope lives again maybe.

This is the oscillopscope I recently bought to fix my Viglen computer monitor (on another thread). Well after being shown it turned on and a sort of pattern on the screen, I was assured by the seller it worked fine and just needed new probes (it came with none).
    Well it didnt work and I spent a half hour on the phone with him trying things he suggested. In the end the dispay failed completely and the guy apologised and refunded me.
    Well why I was waiting to get another one I thouight I have nothing to loose now and stripped the scope out completely inspecting everything. Straight away I noticed lots of signs of it being in a very damp place and eveven a bit of muddy dust in it. I could even see signs of water ingess on the PCB in some places and water marks & ring marks around solder pads and the solder gone grey. So I cleaned up the board & resoldered all pads like this and gave all switches a clean out with servisol switch cleaner. Well after I put it back together it seems I have it working. I have a line or dot depending on how I adjust focus and intensity etc moving fast or slow across the screen from left to right which I can speed up or slow down.
    Does this sound like its doing what it should do?
    I'm going to use the other scope to fix the monitor but this is a bonus if ive got it working again.
    Attached Files

Re: Isotech ISR440 Scope lives again maybe.

sounds good, you want the sweep fast enough for a continuous non-flickery line.
    if you have a slow dot you can get screen burn.
    connect a probe and hook it to the test point - then play with the input settings

Comment

If you have your time/division down below 50ms or so, yeah it would look like a dot moving across the screen... and it should be a dot if you focus it. Getting a line may mean an astigmatism problem but if you can focus it to a dot when the setting is 100ms/div that's what it should look like.

Comment

Had a sort of square wave form when trying to calibrate to probe. couldn't get it to stand completely still and it scrolled across screen.

Comment

that#s the trigger settings

Comment

twiddle the knobs like you know what your doing and see if you find one to get it steady .. some pull out for user calibrating .

Comment

Yes, not triggering properly.

On easy way to get that is if the trigger channel is not being used as the probe channel (wrong trigger input).

Dang, I loaned out my fully analog scope, need full pictures of other peoples scope now to refer to; my Tek 2465 is a bit more complicated than necessary compared to most other analog scopes...

Comment

Working...
              X