Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus K93SM PBL80 LA-7441P Bios+KBC dump please

K93SM Bios + KBC dump needed.

So I received an Asus K93SM (X93S) laptop with a faulty power connector. Fixed that but it still did not turn on. Just the power LED lights up, fan spins up for a few second and thats about it. So naturally I suspected BIOS. Downloaded v204 BIOS from Asus site, flashed it, but still the same. So I suspect it's KBC that needs a reflash. It is a MX 25L1005A chip on it.

K93SM (X93S) PBL80 LA-7441P v2.0

Re: Asus K93SM PBL80 LA-7441P Bios+KBC dump please

Did a lot of googling, meanwhile learned to speak polish fluently Anyway, I found the stuff I was looking for and it did the job. Will post the files as soon as I boot up my laptop again.

Comment

Here they are
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh and I forgot to add. When you use this bios on SM version, download K93SM bios from asus website, go to bios and reflash again. Otherwise might not get GPU, audio etc to work in windows.

Comment

Hello, this file not work for me, not work corectly battery charge, can not install GPU and audio. Problem with Nvidia GPU and audio resolved after flash in BIOS setup. But still did not work charging when is laptop turned on.
          There is solution !!!
          You do not need dump bios, suffice file from asus website. File K93SM-AS.208 , total size 2176kb-include EC file 128kb and BIOS 4096kb. We will use a hex editor. In hex file a look on line 200000-21FFFFh. We now copy line to a new file and we have an EC file. Now be careful. We have a surplus 0-1FFFFFh line. This is size 2048KB, but We need for BIOS 4096KB. We create new file (BIOS file) with 0-1FFFFFh line, everywhere must be value FF. Now I copy surplus on the position 200000-3FFFFF and done. Note that the file has 4096KB and of which 0-1FFFFFh has a value of FF. This part is not relevant to us and the computer can use it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by chello View Post
            Hello, this file not work for me, not work corectly battery charge, can not install GPU and audio. Problem with Nvidia GPU and audio resolved after flash in BIOS setup. But still did not work charging when is laptop turned on.
            There is solution !!!
            You do not need dump bios, suffice file from asus website. File K93SM-AS.208 , total size 2176kb-include EC file 128kb and BIOS 4096kb. We will use a hex editor. In hex file a look on line 200000-21FFFFh. We now copy line to a new file and we have an EC file. Now be careful. We have a surplus 0-1FFFFFh line. This is size 2048KB, but We need for BIOS 4096KB. We create new file (BIOS file) with 0-1FFFFFh line, everywhere must be value FF. Now I copy surplus on the position 200000-3FFFFF and done. Note that the file has 4096KB and of which 0-1FFFFFh has a value of FF. This part is not relevant to us and the computer can use it in the future.
            we can apply this method to another asus model ? , i have a problem with asus x555ld rev2.0, nvidia and audio not detected , i tried many bios but same problem,when try to update via usb (easy flash option in bios) it say failed communication protocal or samething like that it may be IO problem also ? .thank you
            Last edited by kiraro; 04-30-2017, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Anybody can share BIOS + EC dump for Asus X93SM PBL80 LA-7441P?

Thanks!

Comment

Come on guys, nobody can help?

Comment

Still in trouble with the bios..

Comment

Up

Comment

Pls give me the serial number for your model

Comment

HERE you have a lot of bin, ec and main, in archive you will find also both bin's that i tested, and schematic

X93s
                        K93s

Schematic also
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X