help with gteway gt4016 caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with gteway gt4016 caps

i have a customers gateway that i have already diagnosed to a bad cap the problem is i cant figure out what kind or ratings it is.
    its about 6-7mm high and 10mm around they are aluminum with just a little part on the top thats black the only markings on it are not that clear but it looks like it says 50 (or 5D)
    4J the j is really small print

i would really appreciate the help

Re: help with gteway gt4016 caps

couldnt find the edit button but i stare at this thing under a magnifying glass and the j (4j) could be a v if you rotate the cap a little

Comment

680uF 4v but that's all I can tell you.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=79

Comment

thanks for the help guys i just have never had to change one of the solid aluminum ones before so i didnt know which ones to get.
          really glad you guys could help me

Comment

Solid caps don't normally need replaced.
            Why do you think you need to?

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

those are lytics and are often blown.
              the replacements i linked to are polys and are what i use.

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                Solid caps don't normally need replaced.
                Why do you think you need to?
                they look just like solids but they had vents in the top and one was leaking so im going to replace all the ones on that line

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                those are lytics and are often blown.
                the replacements i linked to are polys and are what i use.
                can i replace the lytics with solids cause thats what i ordered found some of the exact same values

Comment

All of Solids, Hybrids, and Lytics come with or without the plastic sleeve.
                  The printed sleeve -vs- bare with ink/paint is just how they are marked.
                  It has no bearing on the kind of cap they are.

Vent = Traditional Wet Electrolytic or Hybrid Polymer. [Hybrid sometimes aka 'Functional']
                  True Solid Polymer don't have vents.
                  Hybrid Polymer might have vents if over 6mm diameter. [Some do, some don't]
                  Wet Electrolytic do have vents if 8mm or larger diameter, and might if smaller.

I'm pretty sure Fujitsu was the first to make Hybrids.
                  Before 8-10 years ago the Fujitsu Hybrids *occasionally had problems with moisture leaking IN, but seals were improved and Hybrids are now as good as Solid caps. Most people consider them the same as Solid caps because their is no performance of longevity difference. - [Nichicon markets some caps as Solid Polymer and others as Functional[Hybrid] Polymer [FPCAP] so their is some construction/design difference but nothing that matters.]
                  ~~ All of that is just to explain what is going on when you see someone call a cap with a vent a Solid Polymer. Either the person is confused or it's a Hybrid cap.

>> can i replace the lytics with solids.
                  -
                  I can't say without a photo of the board, but kc8 has seen that board and he linked you to solid polys as replacements so I'd have to say solid polys [or hybrid] are just fine.

You should replace ALL of them. [That brand.]
                  - Not just the bloated ones.
                  If some bloated the rest aren't far behind.

-

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  -

Comment

i could only get 6 and the board has ten so i was just going to replace the ones on that line or whatever it maybe called they have numbers printed on the board next to them so i was going to replace the ones with the same number until i can get more of them

Comment

Working...
                    X