K8N SLI - that BIOS problem again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K8N SLI - that BIOS problem again?

Got this with bloated KZGs in CPU VRM. Replaced them, now it boots once in safe mode after I do it the hard way - remove CMOS battery. Otherwise (clicking clear CMOS) it does not boot though it hangs in the precise moment it should POST - 2524 on POST card or LEDs 2 and 3 green on that LED post bracket.

I have seen this problem several times on different boards, anybody ever discovered what it is? Bad BIOS flash? Other caps are not bloated, measuring randomly did not reveal any of them being bad iternally. But the fan on northbridge is bad so it probably have been running at like 80 °C. But problem does not seem to be connected with temperature as it does not POST when cold if I do not trigger safe mode. It reacts on lack of RAM but mostly does not to lack of VGA.

Problem solved - it needed the extra 4pin molex connector to be powered. Not sure why, it should handle single card just fine (especialy this weak passive 7200), I always thought it is only needed for two cards.
    Last edited by Behemot; 12-20-2013, 04:39 AM.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: K8N SLI - that BIOS problem again?

That's crazy! A GeForce 7200 barely draws any power at all. I'm not impressed with this motherboard's design, then.
    Good find, for sure.

Comment

Re: K8N SLI - that BIOS problem again?

Crap sorry thought it was a gigabyte board
      Last edited by luke10050; 12-26-2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X