Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P35NEO post error n turn off, after recapping output cpu

http://bimg2.mlstatic.com/mother-msi...956_022013.jpg

It was given to me, killed 2 psu. 8 bloated OST 680uf 4v silver-blue, replaced with good polymer same/better specs. Still same error in post card "D2" amibios and then in 5 seconds it power off , waits 4 seconds and it turn on by itself giving E0 post code.
    In a website says :
    D2 Disable DMA and Interrupt controllers ; in another web site says
    D2 Verify the boot block checksum. System will hang here if checksum is bad.
    D2 - Disable CACHE before memory detection. Execute full memory sizing module. Verify that flat mode is enabled.
    E0 - Initialize the floppy controller in the super I/O. Some interrupt vectors are initialized. DMA controller is initialized. 8259 interrupt controller is initialized. L1 cache is enabled.

CPU VRM input caps are good Pana, evrething left in mobo is KZG 1000uf 6.3v, they looks great, and there are 25 caps..., too much work to recap and maybe they're good? It is looking for bootblock? I plug a floppy drive and nothing happens. What is going on? I dont even know where is physically the bios chip

I need your advice.
    Last edited by Calchaqui; 07-29-2013, 06:50 AM.
    I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Re: P35NEO post error n turn off, after recapping output cpu

Replace all KZG, test all the FETs... Which Panasonic did you use to replace the VRM caps?
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
      Replace all KZG, test all the FETs... Which Panasonic did you use to replace the VRM caps?
      mockingbird: Do you think that those beahaviours corresponds to badcaps in the NB are , SB, or DIMMs ?
      I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Comment

You might be able to get away with KZG in the southbridge area, onboard USB and i/o port filter caps, but you should at least replace the KZG in the VRM high, northbridge, and RAM slots...
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Does it do nothing else? Does it just sit there with nothing except for LEDs?
          I would check the socket! LGA 775 can be a PITA!
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

It was a messed bios bootblock, amibios.rom did it.
            Guys, very OFFtopic, DOES the very FIRST lga775 mobos which only support P4/Celly D supports Dual cores? they got up to 1066MHz FSB, but it is a Vcore thing the incompataibility, or TDP thing? (like just Katmai and Coppermine ready boards) ?
            I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Comment

Depends on the chipset...

915 varieties do not. 945 does, but it depends on whether the motherboard has VRM10 or VRM11. It is possible to hack in something better than a Pentium D into a VRM10 945 motherboard, but it requires manual modification (and no socket adapter has ever been made for this to my knowledge), and an extensive bios modification as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                Depends on the chipset...

915 varieties do not. 945 does, but it depends on whether the motherboard has VRM10 or VRM11. It is possible to hack in something better than a Pentium D into a VRM10 945 motherboard, but it requires manual modification (and no socket adapter has ever been made for this to my knowledge), and an extensive bios modification as well.
                "ala" tualatin mod? VRM modification just for increasing TDP? or agtl voltage/ lower vcores? , bios modification needed just to show correct cpu or needed to boot?. I'm ashame of them, but, I have 4 cheapo VIA P4M800 boards, DDR+DDR2, with very good cpu 4-phase VRM, recapped, they're hungry for at least a Celly Dual Core
                Attached Files
                I LOVE WWW.BADCAPS.NET

Comment

VRM mod for different pinout, not for higher TDP (VRM10 is perfectly capable of handling VRM11 chips current-wise). BIOS mod is not just a microcode update, I'm not sure what Intel calls it, but it's the equivalent of AMD's AGESA which would need to be updated or even implemented in the BIOS.

Looks like the P23G only supports up to Pentium D... You could try flashing the BIOS with a slightly newer but similar enough model BIOS to implement Core2 support (plus the pin mod)...

Comment

Originally posted by Calchaqui View Post
                    DOES the very FIRST lga775 mobos which only support P4/Celly D supports Dual cores? they got up to 1066MHz FSB, but it is a Vcore thing the incompataibility, or TDP thing? (like just Katmai and Coppermine ready boards) ?
                    Definitely not supported if it's an early gen 775 board! (pre-2006)

At least not for BIOS and Vcore.

And before roughly 2008, 775 board manufacturers have a habit of using meh caps, if not outright bad caps!
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 08-15-2013, 03:15 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                    X