Capxon Capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capxon Capacitors?

What do you guys think of Capxon capacitors or as I call them Crapxon capacitors .

No doubt they're trying to play off the Samxon name.

I have read in the bad caps sticky that they are on the bad caps list but I have read in other places. Where people think they're ok and use them on power supply recaps.

I personally stay away from them I'm more of a Nippon Chemicon/Panasonic kinda guy.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Krankshaft; 09-28-2007, 01:51 PM.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Re: Capxon Capacitors?

i think they are ok in psu never seen them in anything else. i think they were before samxon though?

nobody took issue with rubyCON nichiCON chemiCON so what the hell....
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

haha i've always wondered the what the con meant.

Comment

for me, i have found same failed capxon caps on several psus so i dont consider them as good caps.

the blue capxon can fail with visible damage. the black one can fail without showing any sign of damage.
        Attached Files
        days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

>> rubyCON nichiCON chemiCON <<
          >> i've always wondered the what the con meant <<

CONdenser - The old name for caps. [Still used in some places I think.]
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Oh duh .

I know the name condenser since I used to repair and read old tube radio service manuals where they referred to them as condensers.

An even funnier thing I read in an old manual was something to the extent of.

When you are soldering wires together and you need a third hand.

They said to hold the wires together with one hand with the soldering iron in the other and to put the solder in your mouth and bring the solder into contact with the wires.

Solder + Mouth = Bad
            Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

I've been known to put the iron in my mouth...
              .. but not just after holding it with my toes.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

CrapXon is a good name for these elctrolyitical turds.
                I replaced them on mother boards, power supplies and audio boards. They are garbage.
                My $2000 42 inch Samsung commercial grade monitor is filled with them. I just replaced a half dozen of them and they took out the motherboard for the MajicNet feature along with them. Lucky I have a spare board

Comment

On the weekend I picked up an Viewsonic 17" LCD monitor cheap which I've fixed already. Replaced a couple of Capxon's that had a bit of crusty brown residue on top. Monitor was a little short of four years old. Not a bad little unit, the base needs some weights.
                  Chuck

Comment

>No doubt they're trying to play off the Samxon name.

yes, there is doubt, because (same as willa said) i think they're acutally older than samxon...

>What do you guys think of Capxon capacitors or as I call them Crapxon capacitors

there are much better companies, and much worse(with more screwed up series ie overall bigger number of junk caps in the field)...

stay away if you can do better.

Comment

I reconditioned the powersupply in my Thompson Sky HD satellite received at the weekend. These boxes are well known to have poor power supplies.
                      All the capacitors were capxon and I replaced all 15 of them. Two were so bad the ESR meter thought they were still in circuit. One other had a poor ESR and one had a poor ESR and a cap readong of almost half what it should have.

Comment

I repaired an Acer AL1916W by replacing C200, a failed 220uF CapXon.
                        They must be on the bad list.
                        SeB.

Comment

Just stripped down my Philips WC3500D Micro Hi Fi and replaced 3 failed CapXon's on the Power Supply. All had bulging tops and one had brown residue on the top. These caps are rubbish.
                          Last edited by cjb2611; 06-07-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Yup, they are garbage. Just got done replacing the caps on a Westinghouse TV power supply... got caps in there now scavenged off other junked PCB's... god only knows what their rated at series wise but hey it comes on now.

Seen enough of them failed to add them to my crap caps ranking list... they are somewhat better than fuckyoos and worse or about the same as OST.

Comment

Forum members may be interested in the following posts on
                              http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/24...-light-flashes
                              relating to problem with capacitors in a ViewSonic VX922 monitors.
                              The solution given there by 'drumerman' on 17 December 2008 is a number of faulty capacitors in the power supply.
                              At least one other on this site ('graw2' on 9 August 2010) has advised that these capacitors are all CapXon and I can verify this, since I have just replaced five swollen CapX capacitors in a faulty ViewSonic VX922 monitor.

I am well aware that capacitors with faults of this nature have been around for over five years but this is the first time I have become aware of at least one of the brands involved.

Comment

Actually faults of this nature have been around closer to 90 years.
                                Just wasn't in the news.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                -

Comment

Originally posted by willawake View Post
                                  i think they were before samxon though?
                                  I believe the same here.
                                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I had these GL and KM series condensitors in my Samsung Syncmaster 906BW. The two standing up were bulging from both ends. Fortunately the monitor stopped powering on before they completely burst. I did have the sense to replace them with Nichicon caps. I did the recap before joining the forum. I ended up using Nichicon HE's for the bigger ones and PW's for the smaller ones. I haven't had problems since.

Attached Files
                                    If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

condensitors is cooler than capacitators.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                                        condensitors is cooler than capacitators.
                                        Yeah, but capacitators do make good salads, don't you find?
                                        If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

Working...
                                        X