Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flikery picture with hissing sound when bright only

Hello guys

I just replaced my faulty FBT with a brand new chinese one for my LG 29" RT-29FB75VE CRT TV

the replacement was not the exact model but it has same pin assignment and voltages

The tv worked perfectly with same exact super quality/contrast image
    but I noticed that the image does flicker noticeably WITH a hissing sound from the FBT only when there is a very bright image is displayed or a sudden brightness like explosions in a movie or something

if I drop down the contrast/brightness from the menu (still nice picture) that issue never happens

the FBT replacement is a BSC26 - N2137 (6174V 5003Z)
    my original FBT is 6174V 5003R

what does that issue mean?
    Thanks

Re: flikery picture with hissing sound when bright only

Originally posted by GraphicMan View Post

chinese

Comment

Crap replacement flyback, try and find an original. This problem has been around for years. In a lot of cases the cheap replacements just do not work correctly. Higher brightness means more current has to be supplied by the flyback.
      Last edited by R_J; 10-01-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

what killed the old one ?

Comment

Thank you very much for your replies

What killed the original: I dont know, but it arced after about 14 years of use, so it has to be replaced

Comment

Those replacements are not made to the same spec. as original, but it could be that you got a poorly made one. If you can have it replaced with another one or have it replaced with another brand it might work better.
            I have had replacements for Hitachi that did not work (narrow picture, poor hv regulation) I ordered an original and it worked perfect. I have also used those $10.00 transformers in some Sony's and they worked ok.

Comment

Turn the SCREEN control on the FBT to the bare minimum to see a picture

Comment

Like I said, I lowered the brightness/contrast just a little (still have a great bright picture) and this issue does not show anymore

I am very happy with the picture at the moment, I have also glued a 12cm fan in front of the FBT/Heatsink around it in an attempt to keep it for a longer time

that fan is inside the cabinet and controlled via a switch outside, powered with a dc adapter, it helped lower the overall heat in that area

I just want to know, would that FBT live for some years or that issue is a sign of a soon failure?

it has been about 5 days now of work

Comment

it could also be a failing B+ capacitor that smooths the power to the transformer.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    it could also be a failing B+ capacitor that smooths the power to the transformer.
                    Mabe not in that case because that never happened before with the original FBT

Comment

Working...
                    X