Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2

Dear all,

I'm trying to unlock the BIOS password of a HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2.
    I do have a TL866II Plus but so far no luck in reading the BIOS flash chips.

Attached are some photos of the mainboard and the (assumed) location of the BIOS chips as well as a close up of the chips.

Any help in identifying the correct chips is highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2

Originally posted by SoulEntity View Post
    Dear all,

I'm trying to unlock the BIOS password of a HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2.
    I do have a TL866II Plus but so far no luck in reading the BIOS flash chips.

Attached are some photos of the mainboard and the (assumed) location of the BIOS chips as well as a close up of the chips.

Any help in identifying the correct chips is highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    the password is in the 16 MB chip (25Q128A), the other chip does not work ... it would be good to remove the chip from the motherboard and mounted in an adapter and the adapter in the programmer ... if you do not have an adapter stick wires between the programmer and the bios chip ... select the bios chip from the programmer's program..PRESS ... SELECT IC (UP LEFT IN THE PROGRAM) ... 25 FLASH DETECT..A WINDOW OPENS AND DETECT ... CHECK THE BIOS CHIP OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS. ..PRESS THE "ID" BUTTON OF THE PROGRAM AND YOU WILL HAVE THE ID OF THE CHIP..PRESS THE BUTTON "R" READING ... AFTER READING SAVE THE CONTENTS OF THE PROGRAM ... INSERT THE CONTENT IN THE RCNLOCKER PROGRAM IN THE PROGRAM ... PRESS THE 'ID' BUTTON AGAIN ... PRESS THE 'P' BUTTON WRITE THE CHIP WITH THE NEW CONTENT ... AFTER STICKING THE BIOS CHIP ..
    Last edited by peste; 05-19-2022, 10:57 AM.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
    X