Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung HP-S4233 faint rose colored band/light background

Another one from the free pile......

2006 Samsung HP-S4233 that worked upon plug-in. Can't believe it! The unit has been running for 10 hours now with three issues.

On lighter colored backgrounds I notice a vertical band about a third of the way over from the left side of the screen about 6 inches wide where the picture has a band of enhanced rose color. The edges of the band are pretty well defined but mostly noticeable on lighter color/grayer screens.

As the set warms up it sounds like there's a "crack" coming from inside. No change in picture before or after.

One transformer seems a little noisy.

Not too bad for a freebie! The lady said it broke once, she had it fixed, it lasted for a while and went out again in her son's house.

I can't help but wonder if the son just wanted a new TV....or if the problem just hasn't shown up yet? lol guess I'll see
    Attached Files
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Samsung HP-S4233 faint rose colored band/light background

Check voltages. VS, VSCAN. Are they on par with the label?

, There seems to be a considerable amount of burning in rectangular squares on that screen. Definitely spent some time with a fixed image. Kind of like the lottery or the keno monitors in a convenience store.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Ok finally got a chance to check, and I'm glad I did:

Va.......spec 65........actual 65.5
      Vsc......spec -188.....actual -191.9
      Vs.......spec 198......actual 199.9
      Ve.......spec 110......actual 112.0
      Vset.....spec 195.....actual 198.7

With most of the values higher than spec I'm wondering if something elsewhere may be causing that? Should the adjustments be made in any specific order?

Also found the ANT-IN only works with pressure on the 75ohm connector or the jumper coax to the tuner. I'm betting that's a cracked solder joint.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DXseekerMO View Post
        Ok finally got a chance to check, and I'm glad I did:

Va.......spec 65........actual 65.5
        Vsc......spec -188.....actual -191.9
        Vs.......spec 198......actual 199.9
        Ve.......spec 110......actual 112.0
        Vset.....spec 195.....actual 198.7

With most of the values higher than spec I'm wondering if something elsewhere may be causing that? Should the adjustments be made in any specific order?

Also found the ANT-IN only works with pressure on the 75ohm connector or the jumper coax to the tuner. I'm betting that's a cracked solder joint.

Yup that's a cracked solder joint. Maybe this is why they said the TV was bad. As for the voltages they should not cause the issue you're seeing is a matter of fact if you drop them down a will probably get worse. Probably a aged panel.

Comment

I couldn't find the total hours used in the service menu but I'm guessing it's right on up there. I'd love to find that so I can decide for sure what to do with it. I think I'll solder that up and leave the rest alone if the total time isn't too many?

Comment

Whatever it is it definitely has some screen burn

Comment

Working...
            X