Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna help me with a 3,055.00$ semi-budget build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone wanna help me with a 3,055.00$ semi-budget build?

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    I've got a dual 6-core westmere xeon system @ 3.46 (fastest lga1366 hexcore xeon available) with 96gb ram that should run that beautiful! GPU is a 4gb quadro fx5800... I'd be willing to part with it, or if you want to build your own, I'll give you the parts list.
    I'd second this. I have a very similar system, and it's been rock solid (minus self-inflicted BIOS issues because I'm a dumbass who can't keep his hands off AMI tools).

That said, I run Autodesk 2017's suite on my work laptop, which has a Skylake (whoops, thought it was a haswell) I7 6820HQ and 16GB of RAM. Nvidia Quadro M3000M 4GB Graphics. Runs great for most things in AutoCad and Inventor, but struggled on a Step file of an entire robot welding cell (2.5GB file, originally made in SolidWorks by the equipment integrator building the project).

What are you doing in SW exactly (or not if it's confidential)? Some things don't need much (parts and small assemblies, not much analysis). Others do need some horsepower to get the job done (complex analysis, large complicated assemblies, etc.).
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
    X