ADD2 Video Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADD2 Video Cards

I'm beginning to see ADD2 cards showing up on Ebay, I read the Intel blurb here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...s-drivers.html

Has anyone used these cards and is it worthwhile? Seems like the advantage is you can have two separate video outputs from your desktop computer.

Re: ADD2 Video Cards

I searched eBay for "ADD2"
    I now have a smile on my face, thank you bigbeark!
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
      I'm beginning to see ADD2 cards showing up on Ebay, I read the Intel blurb here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...s-drivers.html

Has anyone used these cards and is it worthwhile? Seems like the advantage is you can have two separate video outputs from your desktop computer.
      ADD2 Cards aren't video cards.
      Those are just Display Connector Cards.
      There isn't anything else than a TDMS Transmitter, HDMI Link or something like that on it.
      Have one of those myself in a Q963 System (that does NOT support PCIe devices in the PCie x16 Slot)...

tbh:
      If you can, use an oldish AMD or nVidia Graphics card.
      Like a 5450 or something like that.
      That gives you more performance, working drivers with more modern Windows Versions, some GPU rendering stuff and so on...
      Last edited by Stefan Payne; 03-02-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Does anything like this exist for more modern chipsets like P67?
        Because all those boards with P67 chipsets lack onboard video outputs even though it's integrated in the CPU's they support?

To me the benefit of this solution (ADD2) is that it uses basically no extra power.
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
        X