Nintendo wii u hand held console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo wii u hand held console

Hi guys Nintendo wii u console wont charge or turn on with a fully charged battery have these units got a pmic? as im wondering if its faulty theirs some good pictures in this tear down from post 13 thanks
    https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nint...Teardown/11796

Re: Nintendo wii u hand held console

offtopic: don't you somehow have a youtube channel named my mate vince

Comment

Originally posted by dragos2009 View Post
      offtopic: don't you somehow have a youtube channel named my mate vince
      not me no but i do watch his videos, i have seen a wii u local too me with no charging fault basically same as what was in his video but as he couldnt solve his issue, i didnt buy the one i had seen on facebook sale site as was a little expensive £45.00 faulty could be a waste of cash if a main board fault

Comment

that guy on utube needs to stop.
        i only watched one vid, but paying through the nose for something expecting a loose connection,
        knowing fuckall about how it works, then trying to reflow a chip with insuficient heat and no flux - fucking insane!!
        that was an xbox1 btw.

incidentally, anything that wont charge - primary suspect is a fucked usb connector - but i think you discovered that before.

Comment

yes on that hudl1 i had even replaced the port with another onei had (untested) i then hacked a old usb cable and soldered direct to the board power rails the hudl started up fine then so ordered new usb board that fixed all issues then, but lets say the port was fine and battery fully charged and unit still does not turn on i guess next step would of been too test the power management ic?

Comment

well no, next step is to get a datasheet for it and check all the right signals are reaching it - incase of a surfacemount fuse or something failing.

Comment

Thanks ive got a 10 inch tablet here i can practice fault finding on (china brand cracked digitizer i cant find replacement for and it wont charge) ive tried a amp meter zero amp draw, the port looks ok but will solder wires direct to board too rule it out.

Comment

The battery is OK???
                The charging PSU is OK??

Have you tried one of those custom Nintendo to USB Cables as its 5V to charge the WiiU Gamepad
                Last edited by Stefan Payne; 08-16-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X