Megger pat 4 dv/3 timing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megger pat 4 dv/3 timing issue

So I have one of these in the workshop which I have been using for some years to test equipment under repair before returning to clients, the machine has been regularly calibrated without issue.

Just recently though I have found there is a timing issue with each test for instance test for electrical resistance (set to 5 seconds) is taking less than 2 seconds, an earth bond test (set for 5 seconds) again takes less than 2 seconds. The problem seems to vary and affects all of the instrument tests.

I have carried out a factory default settings reset and it has made no difference, I have yet to disassemble the machine so include a picture of the unit for reference, I have the full service manuals.

thanking anyone who may be able to offer advice in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Megger pat 4 dv/3 timing issue

probably using a capacitor for a timing circuit.

Comment

There is a real time clock module (BQ4847YMT) which contains a Lithium Battery power source, a crystal controlled Clock / calendar module. This clock integrates, a time of day, 100 year calendar, CPU supervisor watchdog, a battery and timing crystal, the chip is socketed.

looks to be the likely culprit
      Last edited by llonen; 09-17-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

pictures would help

Comment

Replaced BQ4847YMT real time clock module appears to have solved the problem

Comment

Working...
          X