Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP DV6 Backlight works but no video, ext. monitor shows video.5v resistor burned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV6 Backlight works but no video, ext. monitor shows video.5v resistor burned.

This laptop had a resistor on a 5v rail, replaced it with another resistor different value..still only shows backlight.
    im including schematics....Burned resistor was on a 5v rail on CN2(LCD Connector).
    What else should i be looking at?
    There is 5v on both sides of new resistor.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacktek; 08-29-2018, 01:55 PM.

Re: HP DV6 Backlight works but no video, ext. monitor shows video.5v resistor burned.

Please guys.. any input will be appreciated..

Comment

Re: HP DV6 Backlight works but no video, ext. monitor shows video.5v resistor burned.

Bump...Anyone?

Comment

Do you mean R2 ??? It is 75Ω, why would you replace it with a different value? and what value did you use?
        If you measure 5 volts on both sides, that tells me there is no current drawn through it so no voltage drop, so check where it goes in the panel, thats likely where your fault is.
        Last edited by R_J; 09-25-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          Do you mean R2 ??? It is 75Ω, why would you replace it with a different value? and what value did you use?
          If you measure 5 volts on both sides, that tells me there is no current drawn through it so no voltage drop, so check where it goes in the panel, thats likely where your fault is.
          THANKS for the input! i replaced it with a 100ohm resistor, but there is 5v on both sides of the resistor, when you say to check where it goes, did you mean the lcd connector side of if or the side where its bringing the voltage.??

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            I've replaced both the resistor R2 and the cap C4 with the right values and still only shows backlight no image, Same voltage on both sides of R2...Could it be the LCD cable?

Comment

u think that burned resistor is main reason for no video?
              Last edited by ktmmotocross; 09-26-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your support...I FOUND THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM..i was just being lazy by not removing the LCD Assembly take a look at what the resistor did...
                Attached Files

Comment

The resistor did NOTdo that, The ic shorted and blew the resistor, the resistor acts like a fuse in this case.

Comment

Working...
                  X