Dead xbox 360 after reflow,some caps blew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead xbox 360 after reflow,some caps blew

So I decided to fix the E74 error on my xbox 360 with a heat gun and blew some capacitors in the process. When I went to test it out it doesn't come on at all. I know the exact capacitors that I need to buy,but is it worth fixing the xbox?

Pictures coming soon

Re: Dead xbox 360 after reflow,some caps blew

Any help anyone?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

What series are the caps ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
          What series are the caps ?
          100uf 16v niche con
          6.3v 820uf MFZ

Comment

Help?

Comment

Is the Nichicon blown out ? Also cant spec sheet for MFZ but their esr is about 0.07 ohms for that value so find a cap with similar spec. Will have a search.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

polymers

Comment

Is the Nichicon blown out ? Also cant spec sheet for MFZ but their esr is about 0.07 ohms for that value so find a cap with similar spec. Will have a search.
                  MFZ is a Rubycon series(OE-only and discontinued a quick web search didn't turn up a data sheet), and the bulged caps have the signature Rubycon K-vent, so I suspect boyam99 misspoke that they were Nichicons.

I replied to his other thread about possible substitutes, the only place I've ever seen MFZs is Ebay (likely counterfeits):
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55556

Comment

Yeah you can try to replace them with same the same rubycon caps, i think nichicon low esr also work, idk what series (i will look). Get some rubycon 820uf 6.3v caps online and replace them.

Comment

rply nw bn waitin ags
                      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 07-14-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

rply nw bn waitin ags
                        ?
                        Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                        RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                        Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                        - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                        - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                        - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                        - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechGeek View Post
                          ?
                          my guess reece was quoting this thread
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=forum+dead

Comment

I thought I would just be a dick lol

Comment

Originally posted by TechGeek View Post
                              ?
                              Translates from text talk to:

Please reply now, I have been waiting ages for you to.
                              Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 07-15-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Heat gun?!

If you "assaulted" it with a paint stripper gun scrap it as you probably killed it anyway.

If you are using a Hot Air Rework Station don't bother as the chances of fixing it using a air wand are slim - You need a BGA rework station to sort that properly.
                                Last edited by newtothis; 07-30-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

OP's already banned.
                                  Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                                  Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems

sigpic

Comment

Was about to say, hes banned lad :L

Comment

If you still have trouble finding the correct capacitors you could always look on Craigslist for a dead Xbox 360 or a 360 motherboard off eBay and use it for parts.

Comment

OP is banned.

Kooky and Kool Systems

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X