Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify Source of CCFL Reflector Assembly

Greetings BadCappers:

--I found a bunch of partially disassembled CCFL LCD screens and parts. Would someone please help me to identify the part in the picture below. It is a reflector which measures 424mm, it contains two 2.0mm CCFL tubes that appear to be about 420mm long. I assume it came out of a 20" monitor, but I am not sure. If anyone could tell me what it most likely came out of, it would make it easier for me to sell on eBay to support my electronics hobby. I donate 10% of all sales to the Marine Corps and Law Enforcement Foundation.

“The main difference for the history of the world if I had been shot rather than Kennedy, is that Onassis probably wouldn't have married Mrs Khrushchev.”
    Nikita Sergeyevich Krushchev 1894 - 1971

Best Regards
    Clear Ether
    Attached Files

Re: Identify Source of CCFL Reflector Assembly

Meaurements are the Glass part ONLY,not the silicon bits on the end,and that would give a better idea of what they are from..eg a 19" standard screen would be about 385mm and a 19" Widscreen about 417mm.. hope that helps,As you are aware the CCFL's in the photo are no good, and the Reflector channels vary quite a bit in width..
    hope this of some help to you.

Comment

Re: Identify Source of CCFL Reflector Assembly

Dear Rtech:
      --I have 2 of these reflectors with 2 lamps each in them. When I tested them, one of the lamps would only light partially. I discovered that the solder connection had broken off and taken most of the wire with it. So while the bulb was still good, there was just not enough wire to reliably solder to. That lamp and the reflector (the one in the previous picture) was discarded. I managed to get the other lamp out of the reflector and obtained a much more precise length measurement of 416 mm ± 1 mm, so it would appear to be from a 19 wide screen.

--The other bulb (one of the ones you questioned) still lights up just fine. How did you know there would be a problem with those bulbs? Both bulbs in the second reflector light up just fine. I gave the reflector length (not width) of 424 mm, so someone could measure theirs to see if we might have a match. Thanks for the help. I will put in the ad that the reflector likely came out of a 19" wide screen display. Additional pictures attached below.

--By the time I take these out of the broken display, test, measure and pack them and then sell them for 3 or 4 dollars each, I am probably making a dollar an hour after months of waiting. I recycle all of the metals from broken units. This activity keeps me entertained (I am retired), helps support my hobby, and reduces the load on the landfill. I want to thank all of the Badcaps folks for helping me in my repair and recycle efforts.

"I wear suspenders and a belt. I am a security man all the way"
      Justin Wilson (The Cajun Cook) 1914 - 2001

Best Regards
      Clear Ether
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X