Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 245b problem

Hello,

This morning when I turned my monitor on, it flickered and gave a bang. Also some smoke came out of the monitor. I opened up the monitor to detect the problem but this is as far as my knowledge goes. I enclosed 2 pictures of the power board, where something clearly burned. Is this an easy fix? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245b problem

I found this link: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Repair-K...84371b6&_uhb=1

Are the parts needed for repair included in this kit?
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy89 View Post
      This morning when I turned my monitor on, it flickered and gave a bang. Also some smoke came out of the monitor. I opened up the monitor to detect the problem but this is as far as my knowledge goes. I enclosed 2 pictures of the power board, where something clearly burned. Is this an easy fix? Thanks!
      Degraded glue rears its ugly head again (yes, I'm talking about that brownish goo adhering to those discrete components). From those pictures, very likely that big resistor plus several other components around it (possibly some SMD devices under the board as well) have burned and/or blown up. Its not going to be an easy fix. Some experience and diagnostic knowledge required to trace the "path of destruction" and find failed components.

Originally posted by Timmy89 View Post
      I found this link: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Repair-K...84371b6&_uhb=1

Are the parts needed for repair included in this kit?
      Thanks!
      That's a big NOPE. They are just replacement capacitors.

Comment

What you're going to end up needing to do is remove the components in the affected area, and follow the traces on the board to other components and test those to see if they've been affected. It looks like at the bare minimum, you're going to need a resistor and two transistors.

There are probably some other components that failed.

Comment

for banged and burnt power supply,after new parts been replaced i prefer to insert a 60w filament bulb in a fuse holder,then power on ,when all nomal the bulb will light for a second and switch off,but if on for ever look for a shorted component,that will save parts and time,good luck .

Comment

I am dealing with the same problem. Blasted MOX resistor and both primary transistors. I think in my case the problem is somewhere between resonant transformer and main transformer as driving IC is giving saw-teeth signal.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrx3750 View Post
              What you're going to end up needing to do is remove the components in the affected area, and follow the traces on the board to other components and test those to see if they've been affected. It looks like at the bare minimum, you're going to need a resistor and two transistors.

There are probably some other components that failed.
              Yups, exactly referring to the "path of destruction". Also if any of the components leading to the PWM controller I.C (e.g. usually diode and resistor controlling the transistor as well as the components at the current sense feedback section) became faulty/spoiled then very likely the PWM controller I.C itself was affected.

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
              I am dealing with the same problem. Blasted MOX resistor and both primary transistors. I think in my case the problem is somewhere between resonant transformer and main transformer as driving IC is giving saw-teeth signal.
              Not to forget that degraded glue (which likely became conductive thus messing up the circuit leading to the failures). See attached image...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by lexwalker; 08-12-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I have severed any connection of that stuff between legs. I don't say the components are clean, they used some hard crap here which can't be easily removed, but there should be no short anywhere.

I think that either the blast took some components there in the driving circuitry, or the whole primary winding of transformer. But to not pollute it here, I posted my story here, another thread.
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                X