Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG e2711t-bn slow to wake up

Hi guys,

I've an LG e2711t-bn monitor which is extremely slow to wake up.
    It takes ~10 - 20 minutes to show the display.
    Once it's on, it works flawlessly until it enters sleep again.

I've taken it apart and found that secondary capacitors have blown (bulging tops) on the power board side. The large primary seems intact with no signs of damage.

The capacitors I have found are:
    1 x primary cap... unknown brand and capacitance, 450V.
    3 x su'scon 1000uF, 10V, 3 x bulging top
    3 x su'scon 470uF, 35V, 1 x bulging top
    1 x su'scon 47uF, 100V, no damage
    1 x su'scon 33uF, 50V, no damage

To fix the monitor, I suspect I'll only need to replace the 4 caps with bulging tops. However, I'd like to replace all 9 caps.

The problem is that I don't know how to determine the specs of the primary cap since parts of it have become illegible due to the glue they used to stick it onto the pcb.

Does anyone have any info on the primary for this monitor?

Also how do I determine ripple requirements?

I plan to replace all caps with Japanese caps.

Edit: I don't have a service manual for this monitor. I've asked LG and they've refused to provide one to me stating that they were only allowed to supply them to authorized technicians. If there are any LG authorised technicians on this board who could upload a copy of the service manual, you'll have my gratitude.
    Last edited by jkim; 12-24-2017, 05:25 AM.

Re: LG e2711t-bn slow to wake up

There's no need to change the main cap.
    Change all the others.

Comment

Incredible that LG don't give consumers their service manual - Viewsonic are widely available!

As stated before you probably don't need to change the large cap unless you see physical damage (bulged top. leaking electrolyte). It is probably a 100uf - 450V but no way to know for sure unless you remove it and try and gently scrape that glue off.

As for the others, change them all for either Rubycon, Nichicon or if you can get Panasonic, go for those......low ESR. Topcat has a good guide on the better caps here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=414

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        I've ordered UCC and Panasonic caps to replace the non-primary caps, and now just waiting for delivery.
        There's no way I can get all of the glue off to be able to read it .

And yes... I find it ridiculous that they won't give out the service manual but I guess it's part of their planned obsolescence.
        Last edited by jkim; 01-04-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X